cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI & XI In same System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can we Install BI & XI in same system but in different client?.

please provide installation procedure of XI.

Regards,

Hiten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hiten,

You can install BI & XI on the same server.Is it a Central system Installation/Distributed system Installation??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks A Lot for reply.

it is a Central system Installation & i want to install BI & XI in same SID but in different Client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can you install BI & XI with the same SID??SID is unique..SID will be different for BI & XI,System Number can be same..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashley,

I have only 1 server, in that server i have allredy installed SAP BI, SAP SID is DEV Client is 009.

now i want to install XI in same SID (DEV) but client is different(100).

what it is possible to install in same server, same SID & same instance number?

Regards,

Hiten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hiten

it is not possible to install XI with same SID,what you can do is install XI on the same server but different SID's

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Technically it is possible to have BI and XI in the same system (SID) because both are included software components of Netweaver.

BUT, I think it is NOT Supported and it is a very bad idea which will genrate loads of problems.

So don't do it if you don't like problems.

If you have enough memory and disk resources, the solution is indeed to install 2 different SIDs on the same host.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for all your feed back.

As per your suggestion I will try install XI in new SID

Thanks & regards,

Hiten Modi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Adding more you can also check [XI Installation guide|http://sapbasisnotes.blogspot.com/2008/05/xi-installation-guide-with-screenshots.html]

I would prefer checking the installation guides on [server market place |www.service.sap.com/instguides]

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i believe yes you can install in different clients but you have to use high configuration for the server.

because BI and XI both are dual stack systems.

Please check the installation guides https://service.sap.com/instguides->netweaver

Hope the above information will helps

-Srini