WDA - Exit to parent iview

bharath_mohan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created the following

1) created a WDA application in the ECC system

2) created a iView in the portal to include this WDA application

3) I have given the link of the iview created in step 2 in another iview.

when the user clicks the link in the parent iview, the WDA application opens up in the same window. now, i need to have an exit button in my WDA application and when the user clicks EXIT button the parent iview needs to be displayed.

Note: I created a EXIT outbound plug in the window and linked it to the button in the view, this is just closing the WDA application and displays a blank iview. this doesn't take me to the parent iView.

Regards,

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Try executing this application WDR_TEST_NAVIGATION_00 it satisfies your requriement.

Thanks,

Rajkumar. S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If your navigation is from one window to other , use this approach :

Do the following steps :

-> Make an Outbound Plug to the Window.

->Make the type of Outbound plug to Exit Type.

->Add URL of type String as a parameter to the outbound plug of Window.

->Do remember to add Component Name in the Properties Tab of View ( othervs Calling Outbound plug of window from view wont b possible ).

To open a new URL with closing the previous one write this Code in OnAction of Button : ( this Code can be get from Code Wizard too ).

DATA lo_zexit TYPE REF TO ig_zexit . <zexit is name of my Component>

lo_zexit = wd_this->get_zexit_ctr( ).

lo_zexit->fire_out_window_plg(

url = 'http://www.google.com' " string < Here give url of ur appliction>

If your navigation between two Views of Wd Component , then just create outbound in second view and in bound plug in first view.

Fire the Outbound plug in second view on the click of button :

wd_this->fire_outtoparent_plg( ). <here outtoparent is outbound plug of second view>

Make the navigation from outtoparent to inbound in parent view.

I hope this would do.

Thanx.

Saurav.

).

bharath_mohan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

Thanks a lot for your reply !

My requirement is that I have to completly close the WDA application and open the parent IVIEW in portal,

The Exit plug with URL seems to be useful but that opens the URL in the same window doesn't go to the parent window. Any other suggestions please?

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In case you have to close your application, then define a Parameter Close_Window of type String in the Exit Plug and use that instead of URL parameter.

THanx.