cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel 7.01 upgrade issue.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm installing EHP1 in our solution manager and I'm having a very weird problem while upgrading the kernel.

Our system is running on Windows 2003 32 bit and I have tried 3 kernels already and none of them seems to work.

basically the issue seems to be that the commands are not recognizable... for example if I run R3trans -d i get "The system cannot execute the specified program" in the event viewer i can see,

"Generate Activation Context failed for E:\usr\sap\<sid>\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386_701\R3trans.exe. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system."

Same happends with most executables...

The problem does not exits with 700 kernels.

Theres no issues with permission and I'm 100% sure I'm downloading the right kernel.... I wonder whats wrong?

Maybe I'm missing an OS SP or something....

Regards

Juan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kernel 7.01 is created with a newer compiler than the older kernels. You need to install the appropriate runtime DLLs to make them work.

Read Note 684106 - Microsoft runtime DLLs

<...>

For SAP Releases 4.6D EX2, Web AS 6.40 EX2, SAP NetWeaver 7.01 and 7.10 and higher, download the installation program vcredist_<platform>.exe (C runtime 8.0; this is contained in Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributables) from the Microsoft download page. Then execute the program. The vcredist_<platform> installation packages are also delivered with the installation master DVDs of SAP Releases 7.01 and 7.10 and are located in the NTPATCH directory.

<...>

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Spot on... that fix the problem.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure but some dll seems to be causing this problem. is there any reference to any dll in windows event logs?