cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fabrication process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have fbrication business scenario, the process goes like this ..

The basic material for fabrication is sheet metal , in sheet metal we have different variety(char or values) for example like from which country, thickness, some steel specifications.But the these three will combines one sheet metal(country , thickness and specification ).

Under one order we will fabricating for 10 -15 pieces with 10-15 different sizes on which the customer has selected the material to do it (combination of country , thickness and specification).Some times all the 10 -15 pieces will have same specifications or can be different too.

If i using the variant configuration , how the characteristic values of dimensions(pieces) ,country,thickness etc will be selected to the to the materail in the BOM , because atlast we have only one sheet metal to be selected for the fabrication.

please Suggest .

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your requirement is not cleared enough to think. Please provide some more details.

Please tell me if I understood correctly:

"Under one order we will fabricating for 10 -15 pieces with 10-15 different sizes on which the customer has selected the material to do it (combination of country , thickness and specification).Some times all the 10 -15 pieces will have same specifications or can be different too"

One piece will be of one size and one specification? 10 piece = 10 different sizes + 10 different specification.

If this is the case create 3 characteristics

1) Country (Allow use to select)

2) Size (If predefined allow user to select else make it as text field)

3) Specification (If predefined allow user to select else make it as text field).

if customer want 10 pieces enter same material 10 times in sales order with each qty =1. And configure as required.

try and revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yadav ,

Thnaks for reply,

My requirement is say, for example i want to fabicate the A/c duct for a rectangular room ,so for whole duct connection i need four different pieces of duct , rite.

The customer comes with the four different dimension of duct for single order,

ThroughVariant configuration i created character caleld dimension of duct , coutry of metal , thickness and metal specification and assign vaues against each character expect dimension of duct.

because the dimension will be varying so the user will enter the dimension manually according to the customer specification.

After entering and selecting the charatertsc values the system should pick one single sheet metal (combination of country of metal , thickness and metal specification ) but it has different dimension for four ducts.

I strucked here how to select the material in BOM through the selction condition.

Hope i explained clearly.

Thanks in advance,

Thanks and Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Praveen,

I have worked on VC extensively in my last project. maybe i can help you on it. you can ring me on 9980570789!!

Regards,

Chaithru