cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between ICWC and Work Center in solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Can any one pls help me in differentiating both ICWC and Work Center functionalities in SolMan.

I suppose both can be used as service desk in solman having an added advantage of web based interface.

If so, what is the exact difference between them. Please help me in getting a clear picture on this.

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose we need to have atleast SP15 in our solution manager to utilise the work center facility and it is not necessary to have an enterprise edition of solman to use this. Pls correct me if i am wrong.

Thank you.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can use Workcenter in SP15 but you will miss few things which are not there are in SP18.

for e.g...During message creation in the Servce Desk workcenter .....the fields like category subject are not in SP15 ..but if u check in sp18 they are present.

(Note these fields are normally present if you post ticket via notif_Create or crmd_order tcode)

so there is a difference of SAP standard screen of workcenter which I have noticed ....

Thus,,,,Its always better to have latest version of solman.

Secondly for config solman workcenter service desk..follow spro--service desk--basic setings...setup work center for incident management.

Hope it helps completely.

Regards

Prakhar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar..

Thanks again... so after getting SP15 or later only we may find the configuration for work centre in spro rite....thanks a lot for your valuable answers...

Cheers!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar

Thanks for those valuable links and info... one more thing...could you pls let me know, what additional

configuration do i need to perform apart from Service desk configuration in Solman to activate the

work center services and see them through web browser....

Thanks a lot.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In simple words

IC web client is a old method of web based service desk interface

where as the

Workcenter is the new concept not only service desk but providing a centralised web interface for all the users of solution manager to use features like project mgmt ..service desk..charms...etc

for IC web client check this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f064dd7a-f68c-2910-7287-cbc69040...

and for workcenter there is already plenty of info....stil check this

[original link is broken]

hope it clears basic doubt

Regards

Prakhar