cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language packs installed..but facing problem in translations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on ENH3 for Travel management.Language packs for FR,ES,PT and TR languages are installed.When i test the WD application for example for travel request by changing the application parameter sap-language from EN to any language its not working as it should be and showing up a mixture of DE and EN text.For DE it works perfectly.

I have checked some of the OTR alias and the text translations exists for all the languages.

Do we need to activate something for this.Any kind of pointers will be helpful.

Regards,

Indu

Edited by: Indu Garg on Apr 30, 2009 11:59 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folk,

You have to maintain local language descriptions in R/3. For example if you created expense types in english language, in portal if you log in German language, the drop down of expense type will show incorrect values. So you have to maintain local language description for each expense types. Pl let me know if you need any clarifications.

Good luck,

Thanks,

Nandagopal C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am just not facing this problem for language with dropdowns for custom values but for the standard field lables also.

For custom defined values,i know we need to translate the text then only it will appear.

Do we need to perform some settings to activate the languages once the FIN_TRAVEL_1 is activated.

Regards,

Indu