cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to process chain in the Production?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have process chain which is running hourly from 4 AM to 7 PM.We have made emial alert in the process chain at each event level.Now I have change some text in the email alert.As we dont tranfer the infopackage we have created the process chain i production itself.

Please clarify my doubt:

1.I will go ahead and change the text in email alert and again I will save it.

2.Do I need to save and activate the process chain as a whole.

3.Also do I need to schedule it again as it is running allredy succssfulyy.(in production)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

vasu,

first you need to unshedule the PC and do changes and reactivate and reshedule the PC...

So that there wont be any inconsistancies in the PC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

But if I just make the changes and again save it will it going to work?

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes there wont be any issues .

i have done these things in Production.... but fallow my steps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

No. if you just change it but not activate it then changes will not affect. so as santhi said, reactivate it and schedule it.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Thanks.

> But if I just make the changes and again save it will it going to work?

It will work with without your changes.

It wonu2019t work with your changes. Activation is mandatory to reflection of your changes.

Cheers,

Sree

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

As you said this process chain has a hourly run between 4.00 am to 7.00 pm. Since for every run of this chain there will be a job scheduled, so if you wanna make any changes to your mail alert message and want those changes to be applicable from the next hour run, then you have to make this changes well prior this next run ( in between the current & next hour run). Before making those changes please do de-activate the chain, make the required changes & again Activate the chain. I hope this should solve your problem.

Regards,

Syed.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.