cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI-BO integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I need help to resolve few issues regarding BI u2013 BO integration.

1) The BO associates are unable to make the free characteristics available in a separate pane for drag and drop drilldown purpose as we have in BI. The free charecteristics are getting appended in the query output . Please let me know if you have any idea regarding how this can be done in the BO end as it is available in BI.

2) In the query structure, distribution channel is restricted with 3 values in "charecteristic restriction", 01,02 and 03 but in BO, when they are importing the query, they can see only 01 and 03 and not 02, but in BI, the output is coming with the restrictions applied.

Regards

Sourish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sourish,

let me clarify a couple of items:

1) The BO associates are unable to make the free characteristics available in a separate pane for drag and drop drilldown purpose as we have in BI. The free charecteristics are getting appended in the query output . Please let me know if you have any idea regarding how this can be done in the BO end as it is available in BI.

You mentioned that you are using Web Intelligence and Web Intelligence does NOT have a concept of something like a Free Characteristic. Web Intelligence is not an OLAP Frontend tool - its an adhoc reporting tool. any element you leverage as part of the Query will get leveraged to ask for data.

2) In the query structure, distribution channel is restricted with 3 values in "charecteristic restriction", 01,02 and 03 but in BO, when they are importing the query, they can see only 01 and 03 and not 02, but in BI, the output is coming with the restrictions applied

Not 100% sure if I understand you correct here but let me explain what should happen. When you set a filter restriction in the BI query in the rows or columns or free characterisitics then you will see the characteristic in the Universe but you do not get the information about the restrictions but when creating a report the data will be filtered.

if you do the same in the actual Filter / Restrictions panel and the characteristic is NOT in rows or columns or free characteristics then you won't see the characteristic in the Universe at all but still the restrictions are being applied when executing a report

Ingo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

which BOBJ reporting tool are you going to use?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Stratos..

webintelligence tool we are using...

regards

sourish