cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit the short navigation url in portal favorite folder in bulk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have around 100-150 users who have added a specific url in their portal favorite section. This url has changed now and we need to update the same for all the users. We tried using various search and replace tools by connecting using portaldrive. We even wrote a KM API which will do the search and replace. But both these programs are not able to change the .url files whih are created from KM. But if we create the same by portal drive we are able to find and replace.

Regards,

AJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe I didnt understand your question.

Did you mean when moving files or folders in the KM the Portal favorites links are broken.

If so, then I must say thats a problem. Beacause the Portal Favorites and your document store use their own Rep. Manager.

When moving in the same repository the links wont be broken.

The solution is to write your own rep. service which changes the link to a guid link.

You can implement very fast when you have implemented a rep.service before.

Bye Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

I guess you have wrongly interpreted the problem, let me more clear on this.

Currently we have around 150 users accessing the portal and suppose they have added a link named ABC with url http://www.abc.com in their favorites. Now if we need to change this url to new one, like http://www.xyz.com, then one solution is, go to Favorites folder of each user in userhome and change there manually. But in case of large no. of user database this will be a cumbersome task, so want to know that how to do bulk replace and find in KM. We have tried developing a KM api and also used a third party tool for the same but all in vain.

Can anyone pls suggest some other way ??

Regards,

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I had raised an OSS message for the above question. I got the reply from SAP like the same cannot be done using any KM API. Individual users will have to manually replace the favorite link.

Regards,

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you have to develop a report for this, which runs through the whole user home directory and replaces all links. This should work, we implemented something like that.

When you use the KM then keep in mind the Problem I explained in my first answer.

Bye Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

We tried doing that also , but the report was not bale to do the find and replace. As a last resort only we raised an OSS message and SAP confirmed that this operation cannot be done using any repoert or KM api.

Regards,

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why shouldnt this work.

Im absolutley sure thta it works, because we implemented something like that for our customer.

Sorry but I cannnot post the code here.

But some hints:

Use the HierarchyWalker to iterate through the whole userhome directory.

If you get an link object then you have to check if its the url you set on your report.

If so then you can change the target.

Maybe SAP didnt understand your requirement. But it works for our customer!!!

Bye Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the valuable suggestions. On the favorite links created directly from KM we were not able to do a find and replace. As a workaround we created all the favorite links once again using the portal drive and our find and replace program was able to do a bulk replace.

Once again thanks for the suggestions

Regards,

AJ