Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC "How to set-up the Email Alert"

benniejayfguevarra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using currently we are using BPC 5 on SQL server 2005.

I just want to know if there are documentations on how to set up email alerts?

like on the BPF to notify the users if the BPF is now activated.

Thanks,

Benniejay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Within set appset parameters via web admin tasks ,you could look at parameters:

1-APProvalstatusmail -incase you would like to have owners/managers notified if work status is changed

Pls also set up SMTPserver,SMTPPort,SMTP auth fields.

Inorder to have the BPF's review process activated to send mail ,you need to check the respective flag within the BPF to send emails.You could also customise the message to reviewers using field BPFSTEP_COMPLETE_MSG

regards

shyam

former_member1192543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

IN BPC7NW version we dont have the concept of BPF.

so,How can we send mails & alrets in 7NW version.

Please do help....

Regards,

Naresh.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

its true that there is no BPF in BPC NW .... But we can configure email notification using custom ABAP logic

Edited by: Aalok Kumar on Jun 18, 2009 6:10 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

benniejayfguevarra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for yor answers

benniejayfguevarra
Participant
0 Kudos

But what is the BPF set-up for??

Because the in the first tab when you modify the BPF there is an option the to notify the users. Before or after the start of the date assigned by the BPF owner for it to be use by the Endusers.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know the option you mention. I think it should do what you think, but I have never been able to make it work (at least in 5.1). Maybe with some patch level or in 7.0....

Rafa

0 Kudos

Hi,

In BPC 7.0 MS version there is an enhancement in BPF for this Email notification topic. You need to setup SMTP first for this. Check the BPC 7.0 Install guide for more details on this setup.

regards,

sreedhar

former_member599120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear benniejay guevarra,

I think that the SAP BPC can't send email to user when the certain BPF is active / not active. If the work status was changed by user, the SAP BPC will confirm the certain user using email. I suggest you to make the SQL script (Trigger SQL) to send email when the BPF was active. You put that script in the table which contains information the statue of BPF.

Thanks,

Wandi

benniejayfguevarra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for the answer. It helps a lot.