cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Export Materials from ERP to MDM 7.1 via MDMGX?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MDM-Experts,

as described in the Scenario Configuration Guide for MDM 7.1, we want to initialize our MDM repository with reference data (material) using XML-Files. Therefore, we have imported the fiel "71110_MATERIAL.a2a" in our repository. Now we want to fill it with the materials from out ERP-System without using PI/Xi.

We tested the transaction MDMGX in our ERP-System and are able to extract products and articles, but not materials (table mara). We also checked the document "How to configure MDM Reference Data Extraction", but found no solution for material. Could anyoune help?

Thanks & best regards

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

did you already check [SAP Note 1255401|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1255401]? It should answer most of your questions.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thank you for your reply. Of course, I checked the document. But I don't found a solution to export materials from the ERP System without using PI/XI. Isn't there a simple way to export these data to xml files?

Best Regards

Matthias

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

we recommend using PI as we have some XSLT mappings running on PI that you cannot use (easily) w/o PI. Additionally PI takes care of the correct routing from ERP to MDM.

Nevertheless a possible (but not recommended) way w/o PI would be via ALE and XML files. You can configure an ALE port in a way that it creates an XML file using the IDoc structure (see [SAP Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/3f/faa288bb7911d2897f0000e8216438/content.htm]. ALE then places the file in the file directory of the application server instead of sending it via the IDoc Adapter to PI.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thats exactly what I'm looking for. I will try it on monday...

Best Regards

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

sorry, but I need your help again

In this context, how did I create the necessary IDocs for ALE?

MDMGX, MDM_CLNT_EXTR or BD10?

Thank you.

Best Regards

Matthias

Edited by: Matthias Merz on May 4, 2009 4:09 PM

Answers (0)