cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new field to generic extractor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a generic extractor for a custom table, but later they have added an extra field to the table. how do i add the new field(KUNNR) to the extractor? can some one specify the step by step procedure?

Thank You,

shetty.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Shetty,

you can try RSO2, type in the datasource,

edit, check if the new field kunnr should be there,

(and hope 'hidden field' not marked)

save again the datasource, and replicate from bw,

and change transfer rules, tab 'trans.structure',

move kunnr from right side to left side,

assign with infoobject, activate transfer rules again.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use RSO2 to append extract structure, then CMOD to write enhancement to populate data for your extra fields(KUNNR in your project).

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies,

there is no specvial logic associated with the field its just an extra field in the custome table i need to populate that, so would it do if i add it to the append structure and without writing any logic in cmod??

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Shetty,

you use generic extractor with option 'view/table' right? and new field is added to the same table right ? if so, you have no need to create any append structure and user exit logic.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes used the option view/table in rso2 and the new field is added to the same table.but the datasource doesnot have the new field, how does it come up in the datasource. i created the datasource before adding the new field.i can create new generic extractor but i want to use the old one i created.

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Shetty,

as mentioned, RSO2 and change the datasource,

you should see the new fields there, save again and replicate to bw.

if not help, you can delete the datasource (rso2) and create again.

hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Add the field to the extract structure and modify according accordingly in the abap code of the function module for the field kunnr.hope it helps.

regs,

vachan