cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workbooks and Sheets

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a workbook which contains 4 sheets. Is each sheet a query? Also how can I access the individual sheet in BEx browser so I can view the definition? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niten,

A query exists only on the server, not in a workbook. The only thing that exists in a workbook is a reference to a query. And, some local instructions on how to filter and display the query.

A single worksheet can reference more than one query. Or, it can have no queries embedded. Or, it can have parts of queries embedded on it.

Using Majeed's suggestion as an example ... after displaying all text elements, you could cut all of the text elements from each query worksheet and paste them to a single sheet that you could name "Documentation".

You could cut all of the characteristics' filter cells and paste all of them on a other sheet.

- Pete

majeed_mohammedabdul
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Niten,

The easiest in my opinion is to go to that particular sheet where u want to see the query which is ebedded in it

and in the BEx toolbar > layout > display text elements

> ALL

u can see the all the variables , info provider , query name everything after u do this.

Hope this Helps u

Regards

Majeed

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niten,

It is possible that the same query has been inserted into the different sheets, or each sheet has a different query inserted into it.

You can find out by either refreshing the workbook and take the query name from the variable screen. But this may not work if there are no variables, or the same variables are used in all queries.

You can also go to the change mode from each of the worksheets and see the query inserted on this sheet.

Another option is to look at the hidden worksheet, you can make this visible from the VB editor.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niten, Individual sheet you cannot see bcos it is part of the workbook. If you want to see individual sheet then run each queries separatly. hope it helps.

regs,

vachan