SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM and SAP ISU Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have experience on SAP CRM and SAP ERP and their integration over middleware. I am new SAP ISU and would like to learn that what kind of differences (especially difficulties) are there in terms of SAP CRM and SAP IS-U compared to ERP and CRM integration.

I have gone over the training documents however I'd kindly like to learn the points that we should take care of in terms of SAP ISU' integration with SAP CRM and ERP.

thanks in advance

Mehmet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FranziMickIT
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mehmet,

I would recommend learning about the integrated data model. You can find the data model for example when going to the service market place for utilities (service.sap.com/utilities) and follow this path:

SAP for Utilities - Product Information --> SAP CRM for Utilities --> Cookbooks&Guidelines --> Pick Cookbook "IS-U/CRM Contract Integration" (you can find this document also by clicking on this link: [https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/sapdownload/011000358700000039982009E/Vertragsintegr_Dez08_e.pdf|https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/sapdownload/011000358700000039982009E/Vertragsintegr_Dez08_e.pdf] ). There, for example on page 6 you find the data model.

Now, I would furthermore recommend to have a look at each of the objects and see how they integrate (even for the generic ones like business partner or business agreement, there might be some extra settings because they are used in the utility context). For all of those objects you will find usefull information on the page mentioned above, there are a lot of cookbooks provided there. Also, the data integration is discussed in depth in training IUT255. Interaction Center processes for Utilities are discussed in class IUT260.

Did you already have a look at our RKT pages ([service.sap.com/rkt-crm|service.sap.com/rkt-crm])? There is also a section for Utilities where the latest product developments are presented.

Best regards,

Franziska

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

FranziMickIT
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mehmet,

I would recommend learning about the integrated data model. You can find the data model for example when going to the service market place for utilities (service.sap.com/utilities) and follow this path:

SAP for Utilities - Product Information --> SAP CRM for Utilities --> Cookbooks&Guidelines --> Pick Cookbook "IS-U/CRM Contract Integration" (you can find this document also by clicking on this link: [https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/sapdownload/011000358700000039982009E/Vertragsintegr_Dez08_e.pdf|https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/sapdownload/011000358700000039982009E/Vertragsintegr_Dez08_e.pdf] ). There, for example on page 6 you find the data model.

Now, I would furthermore recommend to have a look at each of the objects and see how they integrate (even for the generic ones like business partner or business agreement, there might be some extra settings because they are used in the utility context). For all of those objects you will find usefull information on the page mentioned above, there are a lot of cookbooks provided there. Also, the data integration is discussed in depth in training IUT255. Interaction Center processes for Utilities are discussed in class IUT260.

Did you already have a look at our RKT pages ([service.sap.com/rkt-crm|service.sap.com/rkt-crm])? There is also a section for Utilities where the latest product developments are presented.

Best regards,

Franziska

0 Kudos

Hi Franziska

thank you for replying

I don't need to understand the integration in detail for the moment, I have training documents and I have been reading them.

However I would like to learn that what are the difficulties (in a generic concept) in terms of SAP CRM and SAP ISU integration. To be more precise, are there almost same effort needed to integrate SAP ISU-SAP CRM and SAP ERP-SAP CRM with similar scope let's say. Or is SAP ISU-CRM integration more difficult, complex than SAP ERP-SAP CRM integration.

thanks in advance.

Mehmet

FranziMickIT
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mehmet,

the consulting answer is "it depends"

Well, to be honest it is really hard to judge for me because I never integrated generic ERP with generic CRM but did a lot of implementations for SAP CRM for Utilities with SAP ERP (or previous product versions).

But, as the data model of the Utility Backend system (being SAP ERP) is very complex, I would say that the integration of SAP CRM to such a complex backend system is again complex.

The biggest or most complex part to integrate is the contract from CRM to ERP because in CRM, all the complexity is "hidden" behind a product and in the backend system this is touching a lot of objects like the contract, the installation, etc.

So, my answer is "yes", it is more complex.

Hope this helps?

BR,

Franziska

0 Kudos

thnak you very much Fransizka.

regards

Mehmet