cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date as a Keyfigure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

i have created a keyfigure with date as a data type.

When i am trying to load the data from ODS to Infocube,

i am encountering a problem in the update rules. No update option is getting selected automatically and the 'addition' option is not there.Because of that i am not getting the data related to that keyfigure into the Infocube.

Thanks in Advance.

Venkat

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi reddy

what is the specific need for you to create a key figure for the date data type. rather try to create a characteristic infoobject DATS data type. you can populate the same data to it right.

hope this helps

regards

vijaykumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reddy

How r u ?

We faced the same problem in our project. We are not having any keyfigures in the whole project module. So we created all the DATE related IOs as a KEY FIGURE. It resulted in the same problem.

If ur requirement is also like this take any numeric field which is not a key field and create it as a key figure and dont have date as a key figure.

Best Regards....

Sankar Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

i wanted to calculate the number of days since the order has been posted. That's why i created the keyfigure as a date field.

Please guide me in this what ever may be the possibility.

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

Create date as a characteristic infoobject..You can do the calculations once to define as char as date.

Regards

Rak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

You can model "the number of days since the order has been posted" as a key figure in the infocube, and in the update rules from the ODS to the infocube, you can calulate its value using routine. Then you can define Date as char.

Cheers,

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever you create date or time as keyfigure...In <b>aggregation tab</b>, select aggregation and exception aggregation as <b>min/max</b>.

<b> Now in the updaterules you get the option minimum.</b>

regards,

Shylaja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have two infoobjects in an ODS as characteristics of type date. We need to pull that data into an infocube and find the difference between the two dates and store that value in a keyfigure. Is this possible? If so, how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a calculated key figure and calulate the sum of date1 and date2 into this KF.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

i suppose you've already checked the format, havent you.

Is the keyfigure already available in the ODS?

From the source-field out of the Sourcesystem, you should perform the mapping within the transfer-rules to the ODS (if the delta-mechanism allows it).

The key-figure should not be referenced to 0DATE but should be a simple key-figure of type date.

Oh, and watch out the different time-konversions (INVERT etc ...)

Hope that helps

Regards

Sven

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Venkat,

it's better use characteristic for data type 'date', if you consider to do calculation from date, you can use formula variable with replacement path.

hope this helps.