cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating data of R/3 in the WebDynpro Application

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a WebDynpro project. I had a scenario where I click Customer ID on one page. Then on click on the link it goes to the R/3 system and displays the transactions on the new window. How I can do it ?

Please provide the solution or tutorial, comment and it will be much appreciated. Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anmol

You basically needs the following things to perform

1.Create JCO destinations

2.Create the model

3.Create model bindings with the component controller

4.Write functions in Component Controller to execute the BAPI.

5.Create 2 views

6.Create context binding with component controller with the view (basically the table which displays the result)

7.Keep Customer ID in the first view when clicked goes to the second view( which contains a table showing the result which by structure binding is bound to the output node under the input node of the model)

8.Extract the ID from the first view and call the BAPI with the ID as input parameter and output as the result.

Use this tutorial for the step by step.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/355b9c90-0201-0010-d2a8-89f...

Hope this helps

Please post for any further help

Regards

Ananda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ananda,

I have a WebDynpro project. I had a scenario where I click Customer ID on one page. Then on click on the link it launches a R/3 transaction on the separate window. How I can do it?

Please provide the solution or tutorial, comment and it will be much appreciated. Thank you very much

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks a lot for your reply. I think the question was not understood correctly. Let me explain it again:

I have a WebDynpro application. In one of its screens i have link (eg. Customer no). On click of this link it should launch an R3 transaction (eg. VA02) in a new window diplaying all details of the customer.

Please note that i am not calling any BAPI/FM here. I simply want to launch this R3 transaction passing customer no. as an input to the transaction.

ps: If i understand correctly the above could achieved in the Portal Java iViews using the appIntegrator API. I am not sure how it would be done in the WebDynpro scenario.

Thanks in advance,

Anmol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anmol

Here is the solution

/people/prakash.singh4/blog/2005/10/07/how-to-launch-sap-transaction-pass-parameters-via-url

Also you can go thru it.

/people/durairaj.athavanraja/blog/2004/09/23/pass-parameter-to-its-url-upadated-21st-june-2008

Please post if you still have questions

Hope that solves your problem

Regards

Ananda

Dheerendra
Participant
0 Kudos

hi, Anmol .....Above Suggest u correct............

I Think U must read the following Tutorial after Downloading it from www.sdn.com. These are

1.Application of Context Programming and Data Binding.pdf

2.Creating an Extended Web Dynpro Application.pdf

3.Creating J2EE-Based Car RentalApplication.pdf

4.Handling Transactions with BAPIs in Web Dynpro.pdf

I think after reading Throughly These Tutorial,urs all query will be fulfilled.......

Best Regard's

Dheerendra Shukla