cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special discount after exceeding particular sales value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a query on configuring special discount after exceeding particular sales value.

Our company has introduced 10 new products and if any customer buys those products for Rs.50,000 per month, then any of those products are sold at a special rate

For example

If the original price of Product-A is Rs.5000, and any customer buys that for Rs.50,000, then the price of Product-A must be Rs.600. It may not be for single product, but even if sales value exceeds Rs.50,000 after buying any of those 10 products, then the special rate must apply for all the 10 products. The limit of 50,000 is per month and each new month is a fresh start.

Please suggest me which process in SAP has to be configured to achieve this scenario

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

your requirement is similar to a rebate agreement, but instead of a material, it applies to a material group that consists of your promoted materials. maybe the other consultants could confirm if it is possible to define an access sequence for rebate based on the material group instead of material? still, the discount/rebate will be applied as a period-end credit instead of as a discount per material.

another option is to define a group condition type for this material group, with a minimum order value required. the discounts can be applied per line item based on the standard distribution rule. however, this is per transaction only. we will have to test if this can be addressed by the condition update feature in the condition type.

regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

In my opinion there is no direct way to handle this requirement. Yes we need to write ABAP routines which in my opinion could lead to performance issues depending on the volume of transactions. However the following could be one of the alternatives for the given requirement.

1) Create two Price conditions say ZPR1 & ZPR2 . ZPR1 should contain normal prices. ZPR2 should contain the special prices.

2) Configure exclusion if ZPR2 is active then ZPR1 should be excluded. (standard SAP)

3) Create a special material group field and associate with these 10 materials.

3) For ZPR2 write the requirement that it should be active only when the sigma of net values of those 10 materials is greater than 50000. The logic for this will be that

a) Check if the material is belonging to that material group

b) Pick the month from the date of the document and then pick sales VBRK documents for that specific customer for the month. Then insert those documents in VBRP and pick the materials with that material group and start summing the net values.

4) Cons of the solution

a) The values of these material in the current transaction will not be considered. I think we can pick even this from structure but would seriously suggest not to attempt this as as it is the solution is heavy on system

b) Can lead to performance issues. Needs to be tested.

Regards

Rupinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

You can fulfil your requirement in the following way,

Maintain condition table which includes material group.

Create or choose from existing material group uniquely for these 10 materials.

In the master data of the material you need to maintain this material group.

Maintain PR00 for all 10 materials.

in the existing discount type or in a new discount condition type in the pricing procedure, in the repuirement field a routine needs to be maintained with the logic" check condition records value of particular material group in each month, if it crosses the required value, then this discount condition type needs to be activated".

Maintain condition records for your Discount condition type based on material group.

Regards,

Ravi Duggirala