cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanent closure of Open Sales Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morning Gurus !!

May be this is an issue with a lot of consultants. Our company wants to close all the open Sales Orders, for which I have suggested giving a Reason for Rejection or a Credit Block to close them. But end users are asking for a method where the closed Sales Orders should not be editable or changable in VA02, they should permanently be closed.

For this requirement I searched the forum and found no solution except one thread, which I did not understand, how to implement. I am giving that info here:

Thread by - Ravi D Mansharamani, Posted on Feb 27, 2008. Topic: Closing of a Sales Order

"You can use status profile (Transaction BS02) at sales order header and here you can define status 10 as created and status 20 as completed. Now for status 20, you can define objects types wherein you wont allow any changes by clicking on forbidden for a particular status, in this case status 20."

Now my questions are:

1. How to implement above suggested method and will it permanently close an open sales order?

2. If this does not, then is there any way in which we can close an open sales order which cannot be changed in VA02??

3. If I want to attach a document or a screen shot to a thread, how to do it?

4. How to know a thread no., if I want to give reference of it in my thread?

Your valuable suggestions are urgently needed

With best regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member1249468
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat ,

We can very well do this by using status profile concept.Pls configure as per below.

1.SPRO -

S&D u2013 Sales --- Sales Documents u2013Define and Assign Status Profile T Code:BS02

Define status profile

2.Assign two statuses to the status profile : Double Click on the newly created status profile to create the statuses

3.Click on Object types to select the relevant object .Select the object type and save the profile.

4.Assign status profile to relevant Sales Order Types : VOV8

5.Finally we can control the closing the closing functionality in Exit.MV45AFZZ .

Hope it helps,

Sash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since very old thread and no more inputs, let me thank every one for their help and close this thread here.

Thanks again and regards

Venkat - Hyd

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is for the benefit of the forum you have closed all your previous threads as you might have unable to post a new thread.

you have mentioned as since it is a old thread and no more inputs closing the thread

It is your responsible as a forum member if you have solved the issue yourself, then let the other forum members know how you have solved and what is the outcome

regards

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

That is the reason why the system should check for the status of the sales order whether it is a completed or not before saving the changes. If it is not a closed sales order, the system should allow to save the changes.

As you said, the closing of sales orders can be done by rejecting the line item quantities.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Regarding the point 3 - it is not possible to attach a document or screen shot to a thread.

Regarding the point 4 - One way of getting the URL for that thread is to send the message to your mail by clicking on the mail icon(cover icon) on the top right of every message. In the message sent to your mail, you can find the url for this thread. If you click on that, it directly takes you to this thread.

As Jonathan said, I too feel that you can meet your requirement using userexit. While saving the changes to any document, the system should check the document status (table VBUK) and allow for saving the changes or throw an error message stating that changes are not allowed.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is:

1. All open sales orders should be closed permanently.

2. Once closed like this, no one should be able to save changes to them.

What you suggested is how to stop changes to a Sales order in VA02, thats not my requirement since if I create a Sales order and next if I want to change it, I need to save changes in VA02.

I only need to close open sales orders in a way that only those Sales Orders should not be reopened and bring to OPEN status. Only those.

If you introduce a User Exit, it will stop all changes in VA02, am I right or not??

Regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

the thread you cited deals with authorizations to process sales orders based on overall processing status. when the sales order requirements have been delivered, issued and billed, the transaction is completed. restricting status 20 (document completed) from the profile prevents anyone from changing a completed document.

i think, however, your concern is to close open orders which the mentioned thread may not address. i suggest you look into the other threads that deal with user exits in closing the sales order and preventing changes. i do not recall the specific thread or who recommended the approach, but i will look for it as i need it now as well.

regards.

: )