Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Migration LSMW - RFBIBL00 - batch input

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use the standard RFBIBL00 program to import G/L balances using batch input through LSMW(customers insistence). I know Direct Input is available for the object 0100 'Financial documents' but the batch input method is not available.

Does anyone know of any reason why this is the case? Should batch input be available for RFBIBL00 in LSMW? Is our system setup incorrectly?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Bob

12 REPLIES 12

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there any problem with Directinput method. since <b>RFBIBL00</b> is direct input program , this is not BI program.

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

We can create batch input by <b>Data transfer Type = "B"</b> for RFBIBL00.

Regards,

Naimesh

0 Kudos

hi,

in lsmw for 0100, <b>RFBIBL00</b> acts as Direct input Program. here it is direct input program.

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

is there anyway of configuring LSMW to allow BI for RFBIBL00? I know theres a table SXDA1, which holds all the different methods for the different import solutions? Is there anyway of configuring this?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to do it via <b>SXDA_TOOLS</b>. with the same parameters, but here you have possiblity to choose the method.(BI/or Direct)

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Thanks Vijay.

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I had a look at this and it still forces the direct input method, so I guess I'll have to go with that.

Thanks

0 Kudos

yes robert, even there also it is showing as 'Direct'. may be you can do one thing create your own program and submit to the program in BI mode.

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

HI Vijay,

I agree, thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

Thanks for all your quick responses.

Unfortunately the customer specifically wants batch input and they also want to use LSMW to manage the process.

RFBIBL00 can be used for BI (as per program documentation 'The program is primarily intended for generating batch input sessions.')

Unfortuantely the BI method does not appear to be available for RFBIBL00 when selecting 'Import technique' within LSMW and I cannot see why this is the case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey robert

r u perfect in directinput method with lsmw tool

i am having some doubt can u clarify it

i did all the 13 steps correctly and i created logical files also but when i excute it i am getting the error

Invalid dataset status in a file
belrd110\INPUT\ CT.TXT

please can u guide me it is very urgent

in this method how v should put the physical file in the application server i put just manually i copied from desktop and pasted in one fo the folders in app server does it is causing this error

can u please guide me

i appreciate u r help

Thanks alot

naveen

0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

could you be more specific about where this error occurs. Is it on the Read Data step?