cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

preqrel created via SNP heuristic but not visible on source location

Former Member
0 Kudos

We CIF a plant and vendor and the material and information record into SCM.

We get 2 locations, 1 product-location and 1 transportation lane.

We extend the product into the vendor location.

We create a means of transport, active for all products.

The SNP production horizon is zero days, we want to use SNP for all of the horizon.

So, then, we put a forecast on the plant.

If I run the ppds heuristic (via product view), it creates a pur req and the reqrel is visible on the vendor location. That is good, it is what I would expect, we do this just to make sure system works.

If I run the SNP heuristic via the planning job (/n/sapapo/snp01) it says that it creates a SNP requsition for the plant and sourcing it from the vendor and it lists the measn of transport. So, from the output log, it looks great: It used the forecast, the transportation lane and created supply for demand.

But, if I go into the vendor product view or within interactive planning, the preqrel is not visible on the vendor location.

This is strange, the system created it, but I can't see it and I really don't believe it is there!

If I go into the transportation lane and into the header record and delete just the information record information but leave the header, and re-run, the system works fine.

Why it is that the SNP planning run "liked" the data so as to create the correct result, but the only way it works is by removing the PIR from the TLANE.

Obviously, it is quick to say that the PIR has a flaw, but it was active and the date range was wide open but what is bizarre is that even with the PIR in the TLANE, it tried to work, but really did not.

Has anyone come across this?

We are on SCM5.1 SP9

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I am facing same issue. have you got solution for this. Please let me know. I am working with APO4.1.

Regards,

Siddharth

samir_ali
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Can you check External procurement relation ship is Active or not ?

Regards

Samir

Former Member
0 Kudos

The procurement relationship is active. If the procurement relationship was not active, the SNP heuristic would generate an SNP-planned-order in the plant location rather than using the tlane. This is a stumper of an issue