Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Secuirty sink up between production and maintainence box

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have issue with the Maintainence box roles & secuirty profiles being out of sink with the Production security roles and profiles.

Please let me know if they is a way to sink up the Production secuirty to Maintainence box security, and once this is done , to put back the old user assigments in Maintaince box

Any immediate assistance and information is deeply appreciated

regards

Jayu

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayu,

Welcome to SDN. Just to be on the same terminology, do you also call the development box as the maintenance box whose roles need to be flushed down the sync?

Thanks

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Yes ! the maintainence box is same as development box.

before the refresh , the basis team is extracting the user master data through SCC8 using the profile sap_user . Once the refersh of th M box from P is done , they are importing back the user master data which was extracted from the M box . doing this we are still are having the old security profiles and roles which are not on synch with Production.

Is there a way to fix this .

Thanks !

0 Kudos

Strange, were there any updates done to those roles directly in prod?

Well, anyway, to focus on the solution, if you have changes to roles that are different in production and dev, then you will have to do some analysis of the roles. If you have the list of roles that you want to be replaced in dev, then you can mass download the roles form prod and upload it into dev. Just be careful because this will replace the role in dev. Mass generate it again.

Ensure to transport the roles again to get them all in sync...

If you do not want to replace a set of roles, then you will have to manually add the changes to the dev box by SUIM compares and/or comparing agr_1251 / 2 tables of them.

Make sure you backup all the roles of dev in a different client to have a reference copy...

Hope this helps...

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

Thanks for the info , we do not generate anything in production , but i dont know how the things have got messed up in the M box.

We need to sync up all the roles in the systems which is about 2600 roles . Not sure if the download , upload and generating option will be feasible ,

The point is how to get the M system users with the latest security after the sync up

Regards

jayu

0 Kudos

> We need to sync up all the roles in the systems which is about 2600 roles . Not sure if the download , upload and generating option will be feasible ,

It can be done. One thing I ran into with bulky downloads (2000+ roles) is that the system will allow for far greater downloads than uploads. Uploads that are too big will cause time-outs so you'll have to split (select) while downloading.

Try to make it about 4 chunks of about 700 roles each.

0 Kudos

For this one-time activity ask the Basis team to set up a transport route from Production to your security development client. Raise the required transports to flush everything back into the development system.

0 Kudos

> ...but i dont know how the things have got messed up in the M box.

Prossibly the downloading from foreign systems and uploading into your "M-box" etc caused the mess in the first place.

> We need to sync up all the roles in the systems which is about 2600 roles . Not sure if the download , upload and generating option will be feasible ,

The download does not include Inactive authorizations, but these are important to let the system know that you have decided that the proposals from SU24 should, for this role, be ignored. When you upload it without inactive authorizations, the system again thinks that you do know what you are doing in SU24 and have done nothing to interfer in PFCG - so it will bring in the standard authorizations again.

Compare the Manual authorizations and Changed authorizations and possible Inactive authorizations of the role data between your systems. If you have many and they are different, then this might be the cause.

> we do not generate anything in production

If your Su24 and other PFCG config is consistent, then this does not make a big difference.

Another possibility is that the sequence of your transport request imports has caused inconsistencies?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

> The download does not include Inactive authorizations

I think this information is outdated. And yes, I've tested it because you got me scared for a while. On SAP NetWeaver 2004s the inactive objects are in the download (marked wiht an "X" in column 207, which represents the 'deleted' flag in AGR_1250 and AGR_1251).

Jurjen

0 Kudos

>

> > The download does not include Inactive authorizations

>

> I think this information is outdated.

>

That is some good news. I will test it again next week, but suspect that it might also have been my error because some of the authorizations in the role were "Manually" imported and then set Inactive.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If my intial understaning is correct you want all the role and profiles in production system to your Maintainence box -- -right , you can have below option

In production go to client export scc8 and select the profile as

SAP_PROF Only Authorization Profiles and Roles

and after executiing export system will generate transport requests -- import to Maintainence box.

Important thing is in production you will not have authroization for scc8 - you need to open cleint settings...you need to have required apporval process.

0 Kudos

helo phaneendra,

Thanks for the info, i did think of this profile use in prod , but need to check with basis team if they can get the approval.

But in case we do this export from P using profile SAP_prof and import it into M , how do we put back the users with the asigned roles in M (before refresh they are using SAP_user and extracting the user master data with authorizations , after the refresh they are importing back )

the users in M and P box may be different

Regards

Jayu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

I have a question, any help would be deeply appreciated

We have synched up the security between the development and production now .

The basis team wants us to validate if the security is sinked up

Please let me know what are the ways to compares the secuirty between systems

Is the comparison option in SUIM the best way to compare between systems ??

regards

jayu

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know what are the issues you are facing?

1- Are the number of Roles differ in PROD and DEV?

2- Number of roles are same but they differ in authorizations?

3- Profiles are not current and last generation status is different for some roles in between these systems?

Anything from these 3 options? If yes. then please follow the below steps:

1-Ans: Download the table content AGR_DEFINE of both the systems and match up to find out the discrepancy.

$ If some roles are available in DEV only then Transport them to PROD.

$ If some roles are available in PROD only, the download them and upload in DEV. Generate profile after that.

2-Ans: Try with Role_CMP for such roles.

3-Ans: Check the profile status in AGR_PROF for all roles. U may also use across system Profile comparison for pre-identified profiles.

Regards,

Dipanjan