cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert fields in BSEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to insert new fields in BSEG. How can I do that by standard method?, it seems if You insert new fields in BSEG You could have future problems in the system when implement new packages

that's true?,

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes u can insert fields in bseg table.but u have to create a Z table and append what ever fields u want to, then in se11 there will be one option APPEND STRUCTURE press that and enter that Z table there.

Note: yes there will be some problem in BSEG table because it is a cluster table.

Thanks

Vikranth Khimavath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikranth Khimavath

I don't know which release you're using but in mine (4.6C and 4.7) the option APPEND STRUCTURE is not available for BSEG.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was investigating and it seems that U could insert new fields in FI-SL customizaing options: Edit Coding Block. The fields must begin ZZ. Then U need to modify BSEG at insert at the end of the table the new fields created.

Have U ever done that? Do u know if there're problems with these actions?

Thank U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've never done that, but I'm working on the systems where the FI-SL is active and there aren't any problems.

Anyway this operation was done in the initial phase of the SAP project.

Max

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Have any of you done this with succes? please help me since I currently have the same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this might give you a better idea of how to append new fields to a standard table.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/21eb61446011d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm

regards,

Kinshuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It can't use an APPEND structure for BSEG table because it's a CLUSTER TABLE.

You can add new fields by Special Ledgers for Accounting, for example.

In this case the system'll automatically enhance BSEG.

But I don't think you can add an your own field

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

Have you ever inserted a new field in bseg table? it sounds me that it's possible do that as you say by special ledgers but i'm not completely sure

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it's possible, but the enhancement has to be related to something, you can't insert a new fields you'll use only in your z-program.

So you can add new fields for SL if you'll use the Special Ledger, this a little description of it:

Special Ledger provides special calculations for a particular customer. A ledger is an accounting book that has been expanded to include various dimensions from the account assignment feature (cost center, product). It maintains and analyzes figures to meet the reporting wishes of the individual firm. All firm-specific ledgers come with validation and derivation of characteristic features. You can perform planning, allocation, and currency conversion calculations for each ledger. SAP automatically updates ledgers whenever business transactions take place. Data collected at a more detailed level is stored in compressed form using a rollup function

Max

vinod_gunaware2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in<b> se11</b> there is option in menu <b>append structuer</b>

regards

vinod

hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with append structures and access key, u can do it

Former Member