cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Outbound delivery processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1) I wanted to know the best practice for delivery document creation in real time.

Should it be Collective processing using (vl10g/vl10a) or is VL04 (delivery due list) used more frequently.

2) Currently in our business process we intend to use VL10A or VL10G.

Can anyone explain the advantages of using VL04 in place of them.

3) Now when i create the delivery document using VL10A , I am planning to use calculation rule 2 - "due for shipment today & tomorrow".

Correct me if i am wrong, the words"Due for shipment today & tomm" mean the proposed PGI date lies on today or tomorrow ? Also are the deliveries whose proposed PGI date lies in the past will be shown up in the run ?

4) Thus I am curious to know, if a sales order has 2 items.

1 item is scheduled for delivery after 10 days, and the 2nd item after 2 months.

So the first delivery will be created when the proposed PGI date of item 1 lies in the range of calculation rule in VL10A.

Also will the sales order again pop-up when the PGI date for item 2 lies in the range of rule of VL10A after 2 months ?

Thanks

Vinit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

creating custom transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See Reply to your Questions :

1) I wanted to know the best practice for delivery document creation in real time.Should it be Collective processing using (vl10g/vl10a) or is VL04 (delivery due list) used more frequently.

There is no Definite Rule for Using Vl10A/VL10G Or VL04. VL04 is an Old transaction Developed by SAP for running the Delivery Due List. Slowly it developed a Modifid Vl04 which is Vl10* transactions. (From Release 4.5 A) These transactions give More functionlities both interms of the Display Criteria and Sorting Criteria..

in Vl10* tranasactions you have the option of Customer Specific Enhancements..

2) Currently in our business process we intend to use VL10A or VL10G. Can anyone explain the advantages of using VL04 in place of them.

The above Explanation should anwer this question also.

3) Now when i create the delivery document using VL10A , I am planning to use calculation rule 2 - "due for shipment today & tomorrow".

The System Determines which orders are Due for Delivery Creation Today and Tomorrow. It takes The date for all schedule lines with the same goods issue date by taking the earliest of the following dates:

The material availability date & The transportation planning date

The Idea of having this created earlier is for ex. you might take few days for picking / packing and loading then only you do the PGI.. thats the reason on the Mat Avl Date, the delivery is created so that you have enough time for doing all these activities and deliver to the customer on the Delivery Date..

4) Thus I am curious to know, if a sales order has 2 items.

1 item is scheduled for delivery after 10 days, and the 2nd item after 2 months. So the first delivery will be created when the proposed PGI date of item 1 lies in the range of calculation rule in VL10A. Also will the sales order again pop-up when the PGI date for item 2 lies in the range of rule of VL10A after 2 months ?

Yes, The Order Pops up twice in the selection list.. as per your date criteria..

Thanks