Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship-To not assigned to Sold-To, even though able to create an order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a peculiar scenario.

We have a Sold-To Ex: 1100, ship to 1200 and 1300 for a sales area, ex 1000-10-10. Here only 1200 Ship-to is assigned to Sold to 1100. ( SH 1300 is not assigned to SP 1100).

I am able to create an order for 1100 and 1200 for the above sales area, it is fine with the system.

But system is allowing me to create and order for 1100 and 1300 toooo. As per my knowledge system should not accept this order and system should give us a message like this "ship to is not maintained for this sold to" or some thing like that.

This is happening in ECC6.0. As i already checked with the system there is no enhancement or user exits used. Is it standard behavior of ECC6.0 or is there any solution for this problem.

Any help help form any one so much help full.

Thanks

Venkat Cheedalla.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

You can do this in Customer Master of Sold-to party: 1100. In master, go to Sales Area Data Tab --> Partners Tabstrip. There you will find a Ship-to-Party Customer Code. Here change the 1100 code to 1200. Then Save.

Now while creation of Sale Order, system will automatically give you the Ship-to party as 1200. And if you want to change that Ship-to Party, then system will give you an Information message that Ship-to needs to be redetermined.

If you want that this Information Message should come as Error Message, then I think some customizations needs to be done in SPRO.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It's standard behavior that no link at master data level between sold to and ship to is needed for order creation. I think the linking feature is really just a convenience at order entry. So long as the sales area of the sold to/ship to are same, the order can be created even though not tied at master data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your inputs. Is there any way we can restrict this kind of behavior of the system?

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

you can restrict the entries for ship-to party in the sales order. follow the menu path IMG > SD > Basic Functions > Partner Determination > Set up partner determination.

choose the path for sales order document header. select the procedure (in standard, procedure TA or use the relevant one).

now inside the procedure, click on Partner Determination Procedure > Partner Functions in Procedure. Look for the row with "Ship-to Party". under the column "Origin" enter the value "C". what this will do is tell the system to source entries from the customer master only.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already tried with this, system is not accepting it. It is saying ship to can not be derived from 'C'. It is not giving any other message or the message is not explained why it is not acceptable.

Any idea!

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we achieved this by writing a logic in the enhancement parts of the ECC6.0. in the logic we are comparing the KNVP table for the sold to and ship to assignment. this works fine.

Thanks for those who attempted to answer this question.

Venkat Cheedalla.