cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRR3 Report Painter change history

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please bare with me as I am a security consultant and not functional. Today, I received an inquiry regarding GRR3 - Report Painter. It was noticed that in one of the reports that a few items were added in.

What I would like to know is how I can find who made these changes to this specific report and when. Is there any way to do this within GRR3 or from any other transaction code that you know of?

Many thanks for advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extras > Overview would give you the history, from GRR3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for such a simple and informative reply.

I was also wondering if there happened to be another area or table in which I can see even more details. I noticed that it says last changed and username (which is great), but are there any other places which shows more details (i.e. for which items were changed by whom?). I know this level of detail is possible with user IDs but not sure about Report Painter.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It could be hard to extract such details from report painter. Because if you have permitted import of report from presentation server (T-code GR58), this can avoid the regular transport procedure.

The other alternative could be tracing the transport request number,which may have a change request number which may provide additional details. Provided such strict controls are in place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar: Thanks for your response. In fact, that's a great idea as we do have a transport control whereby the work request is attached to a change request via workflow. I will check on the transports to see if we can get some sort of a changelog of this as it seems Report Painter does not keep as detailed a history as security in SAP!

If anyone has any ideas, I'm also open to listening...