cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isert new fields in BSEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to insert new fields in BSEG. How can I do that by standard system?, it seems if You insert new fields in BSEG You could have future problems in the system when implement new packages

that's true?,

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon,

To insert new fields in BSEG, go in transaction SE11.

In data base table field write : BSEG

and click on change.

A nnew support package can impacts your specific development.

Regards

Valérie

Message was edited by: valerie secondy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valeri,

it sounds me that u need to update FI-SL customizing to insert fields in BSEG, but I don't know how. Do u know that?

Thank You very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

I think I can't do an appennd in BSEG, because is a cluster table (the bottom is not avaible)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can instead create a custom table by having all fields of your choice and then build a generic Data source on top of this custom table.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Francesc,

Last week I had a technical problem and post my question on the ABAP forum. They solved it in 5 minutes.

(application server/ABAP forum).

May be they could hep you.

But after, don't forget to give us the answer

Regards

Valérie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not an FI expert, but I do know this is one table that the fields you append need to be done through various customizing transactions. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I hope this can at least get you in the right direction.

-Michael

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesc,

You can use <b>append structure</b> to add new field to table BSEG. SAP will take care this when you do upgrade or implement new packages in the future.

Path: SE11 -> Database table: BSEG -> Display -> Append Structure ...

Please check this links for detail information.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/21eb61446011d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/21ebc9446011d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I added new fields to BSEG.

Now, I need that the user update this fields, during the process to create an accounting post, in <b>FB01</b> transaction.

In others words, when the user is creating a post in FB01, the item details, I need to show a popup o similar in order to enter extra information (the new fields added to bseg).

Is this possible ? and how ? using a Badi? screen exit ? which badi or exit ?

I am looking for the correct exit, but I cannot found it.

And, I dont know the correct way to make this type of enhacement. (extra fields in BSEG and the way to update them)

anybody can help me?

thanks in advance.

Leandro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leandro,

At the end could you explain us how you integrate your field in the BSEG table ?

How you solve your Append Structure bottom problem ?

This is for the benefit of the SDN's community

Thank you

Valérie

Message was edited by: valerie secondy

jens_koch
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Balboni,

I got the same problem, inserted fields in BSEG with APPEND STRUCTURE via SE11 (rel. ERP 2005).

How can i see the fields in e.g. FB01 ?

Do you solve your problem ?

Please help !

Thanks in advance