cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brtools License-Warning on Standalone-Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we've installed our SAP Systems distributed on 2 Windows Servers.

Server 1: SAP (SID = P10) - SCS & CI
Server 2: Oracle

Server 2 is a standalone oracle server. No components from P10 are installed on this server.

Now I want to implement the backup. I've extracted the brtools from P10 and copied it to server 2. Then I run the brtools from a user sapbackup. The user has all required permissions on DB and env variables are set correctly. All is working but brtools are warning that the license could not be checked.

BR0801I BRCONNECT 7.10 (22)
BR1304W Checking SAP license failed at location BrLicCh
BR0602W No valid SAP license found - please contact SAP

Then I've created a user p10adm on the standalone db server. I copied the env variables from server 1

to server 2. Then I started the brtools on this user. No error message appears.

I need to run the backup on a other user account than the SAP-SIDADM. The env variables can't point to server 1. I need a completly idependent backup-implementation... the database needs also to backup if server 1 is not available.

How can I fix the license check when the env variables of the user that is running the backup not pointing to the SAP system? Which files do I need to copy to the standalone db server?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

i have traced the BR*Tools calls on our windows 2003 server, because i was not sure if it is the same as with unix/linux.

BR0644I BR_TRACE: location BrInitOraCreate-2, SQL statement:
'CONNECT system/******* AT PROF_CONN IN SYSOPER MODE'
BR0644I BR_TRACE: location BrInitOraCreate-7, SQL statement:
'/* AT PROF_CONN */ COMMIT RELEASE'
BR0300I BR_TRACE: SQL code: 0, number of processed rows: 0
BR0644I BR_TRACE: location BrDbaSynCheck-1, SQL statement:
'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM SAP_SDBAH WHERE BEG = '00000000000000''
BR0300I BR_TRACE: SQL code: 0, number of processed rows: 1
BR0645I BR_TRACE: location BrDbaSynCheck-2, SQL output:
'0'
BR0644I BR_TRACE: location BrLicCheck-1, SQL statement:
'SELECT VERSION FROM SAP_SVERS WHERE ROWNUM = 1'
BR0300I BR_TRACE: SQL code: -942, number of processed rows: 0
BR0644I BR_TRACE: location BrLicCheck-3, SQL statement:
'SELECT TABLE_OWNER FROM DBA_SYNONYMS WHERE OWNER = 'PUBLIC' AND SYNONYM_NAME = 'SAP_SDBAH''
BR0300I BR_TRACE: SQL code: 0, number of processed rows: 1
BR0645I BR_TRACE: location BrLicCheck-4, SQL output:
'SAPSR3DB'

Can you please post your users inside the database:

shell> sqlplus / as sysdba
SQL> select username, password from dba_users;

Is your new windows user sapbackup defined as an (external) OP-user or how do you call your BR*Tools?

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The users:

USERNAME                       PASSWORD

OPS$IBSOLUTION\P10ADM          EXTERNAL
OPS$IBSOLUTION\SAPSERVICEP10   EXTERNAL
SAPP10                         ***
SAPP10DB                       ***
OPS$IBSOLUTION\SAPBACKUP       EXTERNAL

All other internal users I've not copied.

Is your new windows user sapbackup defined as an (external) OP-user or how do you call your BR*Tools?

Yes... identified externally.

The user can also access the synonyms SAP_SDBAH and SAP_SDBAD. The backup is working but only the license check gets a warning.

Background:

In future I want to implement the backup via DB13. Windows 64 bit has no rsh. Remote calls are not possible to run the backup. To implement this I need to install a standalone gateway on the db server. SAP send the backup command to gateway and the gateway runs the backup. But the gateway will run on a other SID and on a other user. The License check will fail on sidadm of gw like current with the user sapbackup. The problem is: The backup will work. But all jobs are marked yellow (ended with warning) in DB13. I can check every job every day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also want to backup a MDM database via our SolMan and DB13. Using of Brtools is possible and working:

Note 320457 - Installing BR tools on a non-ABAP database

A MDM system doesn't have a license like a classic SAP System. But Brtools checks a license and is raising a warning. All Jobs are marked yellow in DB13 of SolMan.