cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 3.0 SP22 - Mapping Designer: Duplicate Subtree bug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've found an issue on one of our client XI systems when using the Duplicate Subtree function in the Mapping Designer for an imported IDoc message. The problem is that when a segment or field is duplicated it does not appear directly after the original segment/field... This would be fine in a structure where the order is not important, but in an IDoc it is causing the message to fail when the syntax is checked. I have never encountered this issue in any of the systems I have used before... A quick unrealistic example....

I want to duplicate the E1EDK01 segment...

Original Structure...

EDI_DC40

E1EDK01

E1EDK14

E1J3K03

After Duplicating the E1EDK01 node...

EDI_DC40

E1EDK01

E1EDK14

E1EDK01

E1J3K03

What I was expecting...

EDI_DC40

E1EDK01

E1EDK01

E1EDK14

E1J3K03

If anyone has come across this issue and resolved it, please let me know...

Thanks,

Pete

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

like mentioned above it seems to be subelements. Otherwise I couldn't reproduce this behaviour at a PI 7.0 system.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have worked on many versions of XI and PI and never encountered this issue which is why it has me stumped. I am also unable to reproduce it successfully. The E1EDK14 segment in idoc AFS/ORDERS05 is on the same hierarchical level as E1EDK01 which is why I chose it as an example. There are no sub-segments beneath either E1EDK01 or E1EDK14 and so this cannot be the issue... Incidentally I have tried to use duplicate subtree on several different fields and on a message other than the idoc and the behaviour is identical on this particular system.

Thanks,

Pete

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

note that whenever you duplicate a node all the subnode(s) under that node will also be duplicated. If this is not your case then it might be a bug - raise a OSS note. Cross check and confirm.

former_member581827
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe even you try to duplicate E1EDK01 segment it will be like

EDI_DC40

E1EDK01

E1EDK14

E1EDK01

E1EDK14

as E1EDK14 comes under E1EDK01 i mean subnode.

Regards,

Chandra.