Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Async Scenario converted to Sync by PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

we have a problem with a very simple scenario. The scenario is like following:

SOAP --> PI --> FILE. It is an asynchronous scenario. We send SOAP message to the SOAP adapter or directly to the IE. The interesting thing is, the PI system shows the call is SYNCHRONOUS. Actually we defined all the service interfaces as async interfaces. The SOAP Sender Adapter is also configured as EO.

Then we made some tests on the RWB through the Test Messages function.

1. Send test messages directly to the IE. PI says the calls are ASYNC but Application-ACK is required by the Sender. We're totally confused. We didn't want any ACK from the FILE Adapter.

2. Send test messages to the AAE. PI says the calls are SYNC and always tries to send responses back.

3. Send test messages from our C# WS Client to the PI using the URL proposed by the PI (the URL is the same as the step 1). PI says the calls are again SYNC and does the same thing as step 2.

So has anyone any idea, where the problem is?

thanks a lot in advance

Xiang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

define your scenario as this blog - /people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/21/using-the-soap-inbound-channel-of-the-integration-engine

in the blog it provides you details as to make the call with QoS EO

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

[http://<host>:50000/sap/xi/adapter_plain?service=<serviceName>&interface=<MIname>&namespace=<namespaceName>&qos= EO ]

is this how you have provided?

also if there is any error at the recievinbg end, it tries send back the response, that time it makes the call synchronous...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shabarish, hello Prema,

thanks a lot for your quick help. I think this problem will be solved. Both of you are right. I used the WSDL wizard of ID to generate the WSDL file and used the system proposed URL. But I forgot to set the QoS.

I will try it tomorrow. Both of you helped me to solve the problem. But I can give the points to only one person. So I have to give them to Shabarish.

Thanks a lot to both of you.

Xiang

Former Member
0 Kudos

not a problem.. Happy that answers solved your issue..