cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

When i click on SRM-MDM Catalog, in Portal (EP7.0), it prompts me for userid and password while connecting to MDM repository.

and

When i go via this link, https://<hostname>.domain:8210/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/bbpstart

it doesnt asks for userid and password .

Any clues why???

Please Reply...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You All..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetna,

Hope you have configured Web Service in SRM system, there you need to pass the login credentials to connect to MDM system. If you have not passed the username and password or if the repository is not loaded then only it prompts for Username and password while connecting to SRM-MDM Catalog.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jitesh,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually this is the weird thing, we have configured Web Service in SRM system (spro-->Define external web services),

also passed the correct Userid and Password there.

Still its asking for Password..

Can u please clear one doubt of mine-> Do i have to do the SLD of Mdm system?

We havn't done it. Is it compulsary..??

Regards,

Chetna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetna,

No SLD is not required for MDM. Just check one thing the user you are using in the Web Service has the Catalog User role assigned to it. In order to access SRM-MDM catalog user should have this role.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where is role should be assigned.. in EP, MDM or SRM..?

Please clarify.. I have no clue..

Regards,

Chetna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetna,

Role should be in MDM. If you are using standard SRM-MDM repository then you will find the standard roles and users. Select any one user from the list containing Catalog User role and use this user in web service.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..Jitesh,

Thanks for your reply..

I asked MDM people, this role is already assigned to the user mentioned in External web Service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetna,

First check whether you can access the below link

http://<Server Name>:<Server Port>/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM

Server Name and Port is the WAS where SRM-MDM SCA files have been deployed.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh

Thanks 4 ur replies..

Let me clear you out the situations..Its a complex one..Thank you for ur patience..

1.SRM(7.0)Server (ABAP stack on instance ABC and standalone JAVA stack on instance XYZ)

SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 installed on WAS ( Java Stack XYZ).

2.MDM Server 7.1 (user is "Master" with catalog roles.)

3.Enterprise Portal (Another WAS 7.0) where :

1) User mapping and system alias have been created to connect to ABC.

2) MDM 5.5 .sca's been deployed, may be of wrong Version but MDM7.1/system template .sca's are not deployed yet.

3) User Access shopping cart from here and on accessing get prompt for Userid/Passwrd

I feel since there is no connectivity or user mapping between XYZ and EP, that's why prompt comes..

But how to connect a EPortal (a standalone j2ee system) with another J2EE system??

Regards,

Chetna

Edited by: Chetna Verma on Apr 30, 2009 10:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetna,

You need to deploy the SCA files of SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 only, you cannot use the SCA files of MDM 5.5.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks 4 replying..

Did u mean deploying SRM-MDM Catalog on EP as well as deploying MDM 7.1 Templates on EP??

Correct me , if m wrong..

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetna,

To work with MDM 7.1 you need to deploy the SCA files available with MDM 7.1 only.

There are 3 SCA files available with the installable.

1. MDMJAVAAPI01_36.sca

2. BPMDMTECHN01_36.sca

3. BPMDMAPP01_36.sca

For SRM-MDM Catalog, you need to deploy the SCA files of SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 as mentioned in SAP Note 1286364

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja