cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset of SDM Password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a lot of trouble when my SDM got locked and when i tried to unlock it my password somehow got changed and i could not do any deploy on the server because of this.

SAP has provided a way to reset the password of the SDM which worked for me and i am posting the same here.

The password should be stored in the sdmrepository file

<DRIVER_LETTER>:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC<(>

<<)>INSTANCE_NUMBER>\SDM\program\config\sdmrepository.sdc

First stop the J2ee Engine. In the sdmrepository.sdc file , which is in

xml format , find the <HashedPassword> element and replace its content

with

yPLDEBe3oOb6H2mmjJ0zztOgw/A=

Then restart the J2EE Engine and try to start and connect

the SDM GUI with the password "sdm".

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you change the password on the Visual administrator. It is necessary that you then change the password on the Secure store of Config tool

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

why messing around with this? The SDM uses the admin password of the configured J2EE engine's secure storage, which can be changed using the Config Tool->secure store->admin/password/SID

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

The SDM does not use the Administrator password.

So that does not work.

The SDM password is provided only when we install the application and can be changed from the RemoteGui tool.

And to change the SDM password from here we need to know the old password.

In our landscape in all the systems the SDM password is always different from that of the Administrator.

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

you're right, i didn't read your post with the necessary concentration (missed the RemoteGui part ;). Sorry for that.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same issue. when i change the password to administrator's password. Within the NDS, some time it works and some tiem I got error message said that "Deployment aborted check your login info.." I don't know why. Is there any one can help me with that?

Thanks,

Bo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could first check if the SDM is locked ? or if it says wrong password.

If it is locked you can use the ceprecated startSDM.bat to directly log into the SDM after stopping the SDM and changing mode it to "standalone". Here you can unlock the SDM.

If the password has changed and you do not know the password, you can use the above mentioned steps to reset it to SDM.

As of now, personnal from SAP have advised not to change the password of SDM as it impact in many other areas including online deploy and patch upgrade.

Does this help?

Regards,

Balaji