cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howis defined the detail generated by the DumpLoad Task?

romuald_colletaz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I use the Import package provided with BPC 5.1 SP9 (I had the same problem with the SP3) it generared the following information:

Record count: xxx

Accept count: xxx

Reject count: xxx

Skip count: xxxx

These data are generated by the DumpLoad Task available in the standard import package.

When I use the same DumpLoad Task object in another package it works fine but no information is written to the log file.

Is there a specific parameter used to ensure that the information are correctly writtent to the detail log?

regards,

Romuald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

i045436
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, these are the information generated by Debug.

If you want to have the information like rejected/accespted record, just add a convert task before dump&load. I suppose you have a file where the dimension name are the same as in cube, so you don;t need a special transformation file.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

i045436
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I have used before something similar and I remeber that was working. Maybe it is a bug of your BPC version.

Those information reside into a temporary file on Private Publication, maybe you can somehow play with those files.

romuald_colletaz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have tried to recreate my package from the standard import package.

As soon as I had other tasks on the package, the [Messages] section disappears from the detail log.

Any ideas to keep this section in the detail log?

regards,

Romuald

romuald_colletaz
Participant
0 Kudos

I already have a convert task but it wasn't placed juste before the DumpLoad Task. I have moved the Convert task just before the DumpLoad but it doesn't solve the problem.

romuald_colletaz
Participant
0 Kudos

I have already activate the DEBUG mode but it writes some information but not the reject/skip... count information.

Here is an example of the detail log:

<result><PROMPT><![CDATA[%FILE% /Global_PC_Plan/UWPLAN/DataManager/DataFiles//LAST IMPORTED/UWPLAN_TEST1.csv

%CONVERSION_FILE% /Global_PC_Plan/UWPLAN/DataManager/TransformationFiles//MY FILES/Import_BookedData_VP_CPES.xls

]]></PROMPT>

<MESSAGE><![CDATA[

]]></MESSAGE>

<STATUS_STEP><![CDATA[Total Step:@7

Convert Data:@ completed in 5 sec.

Optimize Cube:@ completed in 39 sec.

Load Cube:@ completed in 27 sec.

Optimize Cube Budget:@ completed in 38 sec.

Process Cube Budget:@ completed in 9 sec.

SystemAvailable Task:@ completed in 0 sec.

Import:@ completed in 0 sec.

]]></STATUS_STEP>

<MODIFY><![CDATA[04-29-2009 15:53:38 - Debug turned ON

GLOBAL(USER_APPSET, Global_PC_Plan)

i045436
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This information is written to the file eachtime you call a Convert task. In order to have more detailed information about the tasks and values passed to different parameters, you can activate the debug information using DEBUG(ON) instruction into the dynamic script.However, this is other discussion.

romuald_colletaz
Participant
0 Kudos

OK thanks. So is there a way to ensure that the informatio are written to the log file?

Romuald

i045436
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The information you mentioned are comming from Convert task, not from Dump&Load task.

Regards,

Mihaela