cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer country is not shown in X( V and F)D03 transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please, I need some help on this for which I can not find any hint in the forum.

In our customer master data, whenever you display ( Xd03, FD03 and/or VD03) the customer address data, the country field does not appeear. This field is only "visible" in "modification" and "creation" mode.

It looks liek it does not make any sense for me. I have been reviewed the customizing (i.e.: OVT0,OB20, etc) and I can not see anything...I have read in one thread that this field is hardcoded, but still does not make sense for me that this field is hidden in the "display" mode.

Many thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fernado,

Check out with Specific screen exit for VA03 i think you will find your solution there.

Ravi Thapliyal

IdhaSoft Ltd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

We did take a look and the error is not in there...

In any case, many thanks for your advise!

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fernando,

I am also facing the same issue. If you have found any solution to this problem, kindly let me know.

Thanks and Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing same issue. Did anyone found the reason for the problem?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue solved via OSS note 326709.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are aware of TCode OB20, the solution lies in that customisation only. In that, for the Display Customer (Accounting,Sales, Centrally) in the Address option you can set the field status to Suppress, Req.entry, Opt. entry, Display (S,R,O,D). Here the sequence followed is SDRO i.e. if the field is set to Suppress it takes priority in transaction though it might be set to any other in the Account group definition.

So please check the setting what it is set for and revert.

Regards,

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI KARTHIK,

Thanks for your answer. I checked this transaction (many times) and I set ALL the fields as display and it looks like it is not the problem. In any case, "Country" does not exist.

Also, the strange thing is that this problem only happens for a determined "account group" , so the problem should be more related to OVT0...but also two problems regarding this transaction:

- Country field does not exist ( i read in another thread that is harcoded)

- I create a new account group copying the "wrong old one" and the country field is visible for the new one but not for the old one. I have reviewed many times and they are customized "identical"

Does not make any sense....now we are reviewing code...

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It was interesting to read your thread

Thro account group field selection customization that is OBD2 or OB20 or OVT0 we can not make the field country to suppress or display or mandatory or optional

The country field is not there

I have already suggested earlier to some friends that we cannot make country field as optional and it has been made mandatory hard coded by SAP programming because without country customer master or vendor master doesnot make sense as many FI related and tax related settings are picked from country and still go with my statement

I still cannot understand how come the country field is not appearing at all in the display mode XD03 / FD03 / VD03 for a partcular account group (your first post) the same is seen in mode XD01or 02 / FD01or 02 / VD01 or 02 Can you tell us what accout group it is

- I create a new account group copying the "wrong old one" and the country field is visible for the new one but not for the old one. I have reviewed many times and they are customized "identical

Which account group it is?

As far as my knowledge it cannot happen

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your reply.

The account group is a customized one copied from the standard for external customers.

I am agree with you, also based on my knowledege this does not make any sense at all..., it has to be something "stupid" that we are missing but that is driving us crazy...

Regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Thanks for correcting me. Actually I didn't check for the field Country in the list and had answered based on the field being displayed in Change mode and not in Display mode.

I agree with your answer.

Regards,

Karthik.