Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shut down the communication channel query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I wanted to know answers to the following

1) Is there any limit on the number of messages that can pile up in the adapter engine if we shut down (Deactivate the communication channels)?

2) When we reopen the communication channels later, will the messages be processed in the same order they have arrived?

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

My Experience,

>1) Is there any limit on the number of messages that can pile up in the adapter engine if we shut down >(Deactivate the communication channels)?

I have noticed once 1000+ messages piled,

>2) When we reopen the communication channels later, will the messages be processed in the same >order they have arrived?

If it is EOIO.

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Need some more information regarding my question 2.

i completely understand that the message will be following the order if we have EOIO.

But consider the following scenario.

let us say, we have deactivated 10 different communication channels.

assume that 100 messages have failed during that period.

We have reactivated the CCs after some time.

Now, when we reprocess all the messages using runtime workbench RESEND option, will the order of these messages going out maintained?

Regards,

Ravi

Edited by: Ravi Kanth Talagana on Apr 29, 2009 4:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I like to get confirm will the message flow after channel state has been changed to active from Inactive? As I have not seen any of my messages flowing after channel has been activated from inactive state?

If Yes where can we see this messages stored in ?

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case of an EOIO scenario - Yes (per message type and interface). For EO I'd say that the order will not be kept neccessarily.

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Is there any limit on the number of messages that can pile up in the adapter engine if we shut down (Deactivate the communication channels)?

==> On a high avaiable system (2 servers, 4 nodes, 8 CPU cores, 16 GB RAM) I've had about 4000 messages without any problems.

2) When we reopen the communication channels later, will the messages be processed in the same order they have arrived?

==> This depends on your secenario config. If it's EOIO then yes - in other case they will be processed in parallel, so they might overtook one another.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks friends.

On further research, Just realized that a message will occupy, more or less, the same amount of space in XI tables, whether it is failed or is succesful.

So there should not be any limit on the number of messages that can pile up in the adapter engine, at least in theory.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Experts,

> I wanted to know answers to the following

>

> 1) Is there any limit on the number of messages that can pile up in the adapter engine if we shut down (Deactivate the communication channels)?

completely depends on your server configuration (h/w)

> 2) When we reopen the communication channels later, will the messages be processed in the same order they have arrived?

>

> Regards,

> Ravi Kanth Talagana

once they are reopen you will have to manually resend them and again if they are EOIO configured then the sequence will be maintained.