Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Idoc scenario

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All..

Actually i am getting few fields from the source i.e file side but where as some mandatory segments are there at the IDOC end.. How to map such fields do i need to map with some constant values.

for example :

Idoc-- every idoc will have a Begin field, where to these field no values will be passed from the file how to map this begin field do i need to map the constant value 0.

who provides the values for SNDPOR -- Sender Port

SNDPRT -- Sender Partner Type & SNDPRN - Sender Partner Number, RCVPOR -- Receiver Port, RCVPRN -- Receiver Partner Number.

similarly many segment fields are there under E1EDK41, E1EDKA1 etc.. what to do with the segment do i again need to map with constant values--

regards,

Kishore.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u face any error after following the suggestion given by others check this link to troubleshoot ur scenario

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can map it to the constant or if you dont want them to appear in your IDOC then you can disable them.

Just right click on the filed/segment and you will see the option to disable field.

Regard,

Shweta.

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Can i disable the SNDPRT, SNDPRN fields also, does it have any impact on the scenario..

regards

Kishore

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can disable. No impact.

Thanks

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

-->Disable the EDIDC field no issues nothign will happen.

-->Map the segments with constant which are mandatory,if they are optional silpmy leave it no need to Map.

-->At run time the mandatory fields which are under the EDIDC will be taken.

-->Continue with your scenario in your regular passion.

Thanks

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Pavan,

Actually i didn't create the message interface at the target side for the IDOC and i directly used it in Interface mapping

i.e 1 Message interface -- Outbound

1-- Message Mapping -- B/w File Outbound and IDOC

1 -- Interface mapping -- B/w Outbound Message interface and to the IDOC (Do I need to create the interface for the IDOC or directly can be used, i have used directly)

and remaing same..

regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

No need to create Message Interface for idoc..

IDOC control record segment EDIDC_40 will have the details of sender ,receiver details

i.e SNDPOR ,RCVPOR - sender/receiver PORT (by default these will take values you cannot assign values to these fields)

SNDPRN,RCVPRN - sender/receiver partner which will take the values from Business system/service adapter specific identifiers

SNDPRT,RCVPRT - sender/receiver partner type i.e LS (logical system if it is other than this need to use party ...)

HTH

Rajesh

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

-->No need to configure the Messahe interface for receiver,Idoc it self acts as an Interface.

-->Even while doing mapping in the source side you will mantain the messahe type of sender and on receiver drag and drop the Idoc.

--->For interface mapping also on source side maintain the outbound interface and on receiver side drag and drop the Idoc.

--->After done with the interface mapping,click on the Read interfaces now the source and target interfaces will display in their repsective positions and in between them mantain the message mapping by using the input help.

-->The above steps to be done in IR.

-->no need to create the receiver data type ,receiver message type,receiver interface explicitly,because your target structure is IDOC and file to be sent to R/3 system.

Thanks

former_member611181
Participant
0 Kudos

Kishore,

Generally you need to fill control records, if you need to create these records below are some suggestions

1. Constant(1) --> Begin

2. SNDPOR

General SAP landscape will be D,Q,P

Map "receiver" and use fixed values for Dev, Quality,Production ports created in SAP system

3.SNDPRT - type of system.

E.g., Logical system LS

4.SNDPRN

General SAP landscape will be D,Q,P

Map "receiver" and use fixed values for Dev, Quality,Production system names

5.RCVPOR - Here in your case it is ECC system so map to that.

You can also implement constants if it changes in Dev,Quality,Prod created in XI system

6. RCVPRT - type of system

E.g., Logical system LS

7. RCVPRN - map directly "receiver" from constants.

former_member581827
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes You need to map with some constant value for Mandatory fields like for begin field .....

Regards,

Chandra.

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what all are mandatory map those with constants. And if u want RCVPOR ,SNDPRN iformation from mapping means if mapped correct values to this nodes just check a check box in Reciver CC as control record from payload.

Thanks.

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What actually this SNDPRN, RCVPOR holds at the runtime, if i need to do map in the mapping, is it not possible, if possible do i need to contact basis people for the information

regards

Kishore

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SNDPRN - Sender Partner

RCVPOR - Receiver port.

These things we will create in R/3 those we have to give.

You can disable also if you dont want that control record.

Thanks.