Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency Type Issue (0CCA_C11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Data source -> 0CO_OM_CCA_9

RSA3(Extract checker) is extracting records for the currency types (00, 10, 20).

For currecy types(00, 20) records are extracted perfectly as per the currecy type given in the selection.

Although i gave currency type = 10 in the selection of the extract checker, Records are extracted but in the list it shows currency type 20 instead of 10(given in the selection).

Could anyone help to identify why currency type 20 records are selected by the extract checker for the selection condition currecy type = 10.

Issue with production server, Appreciate if someone will help quickly.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you give no selection for currency type,does it show any records of currency type 10?(give a larger selection of data packets/calls in rsa3 screen).

Also,could you find out from which table/view this datasource is extracting data?Check in that source to see if it contains any records of currency type 10.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for information.

I gave no selection, i didn't see any records of currency type 10.

I gave selection = currency type 10, it selects records, but in the display list it shows the currency type as 20.

I checked in the source system table, records are found for the currency type 10.

Waiting for the reply..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange.

Is the datasource based on a table or a function module?

(seems like table,but wish to confirm).

Sometimes happens that standard SAP function modules for datasources contains code modifying the records from the base tables.

Also..could you find out what do currency types 00,10 and 20 mean?

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currency types:

00 Document currency

10 Company code currency

20 Controlling area currency

I am using a standard datasource '0CO_OM_CCA_9', it is based on table not function module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

These CO datasources have often seen issues,when I go by SAP notes.Also seen issues with currency types.

<b>The bold text is interesting.Seems there is a table that maintains the mappings for currency types.</b>

<b>Note 517909</b>

Symptom

The customer needs background information to the use of the currency type, InfoObject 0CURTYPE, in the area BW-BCT-CO-OM..

Other terms

Some of the DataSources affected include:

1. CO Delta DataSources

0CO_OM_CCA_9, 0CO_OM_WBS_6, 0CO_OM_OPA_6, 0CO_OM_NWA_2, 0CO_OM_NAE_2, 0CO_OM_NTW_2, 0CO_OM_ABC_7

1. CO Totals record DataSources for costs

0CO_OM_NTW_1; 0CO_OM_NWA_1; 0CO_OM_NAE_1; 0CO_OM_OPA_1; 0PM_OM_OPA_1;0CO_OM_WBS_1; 0CO_OM_CCA_1; 0CO_OM_ABC_1;

1. CO / IM Totals record DataSources for plan and budget

0IM_FA_IP_1, 0IM_FA_IP_2, 0IM_FA_IQ_1, 0CO_OM_WBS_2; 0CO_OM_WBS_3;0CO_OM_OPA_1; 0CO_OM_OPA_2;

1. CO Totals record DataSources for selections

0CO_OM_CCA_5, 0CO_OM_WBS_5, 0CO_OM_OPA_5

Reason and Prerequisites

Missing documentation

Solution

In the CO-OM area, the value of relevant posting procedures for an object (WBS, order, cost center, etc.)is saved in the following currency types:

Controlling area currency

Object currency

Transaction currency.

The individual currency types are distinguished during extraction and in BW using the InfoObject 0CURTYPE. These are assigned the following characteristics (independent of the R/3 Customizing in transaction OKKP):

00 Transaction currency

10 Object currency

20 Controlling area currency.

If you require other codes for the characteristics in BW, you can modify the transfer rules or update rules in BW.

Refer also to note 367738 in this context.

<b>Note 367788</b>

Symptom

When you extract data by using DataSources 0CO_OM_*, no records with currency type 70 (object currency) are extracted. Instead, you receive records with currency type 10 (company code currency).

Additional key words

CURTYPE, 0CURTYPE, BW-BCT-COOM, object currency, company code currency, BWOM_SETTINGS

Cause and prerequisites

Currency type 70 (object currency) was only implemented in BW after the first delivery of the DataSources 0CO_OM_*. Therefore these mapped the OLTP records in the object currency with currency type 10 (company code currency). For reasons of downward compatibility, this must be kept as the default setting.

Solution

<b>The currency type under which the records are extracted into BW is adjustable:

Use Transaction SE16 to call the maintenance of table BWOM_SETTING and change the value of the PARAM_VALUE column from 10 to 70 for the record with PARAM_NAME = OBJCURTYPE.</b>

Source code corrections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me why I don't see this table BWOM_SETTING in our BI system. It says "Table BWOM_SETTINGS is not active in the Dictionary".

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look in R3!