cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation in Proj. defn.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want the system to throw an error message if the coding is wrongly mentioned w.r. to the Project profile. For eg.,

My coding mask is ABC00-XX... The first three digits in the mask ABC should be mentioned only if the Project profile is X123... whereas if the coding mask is CDE00-XX then the proj. porifle should be Y123... I have written a Validation with the pre-requisite Defn = ABC, check Profile = X123 error message.. and assigned this validation in the Proj. profile with automatic validation but it is not giving an error message... but when I check it manually in CJ20N, system gives the error message but allows to save the project... Where i am making the mistake ?

At the time of creating the validation, system asked for Message ID.. Which ID / class is to be assigned can we create on our own ? Currently, I have created one and assigned.

Regards

Vinodh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can very well create and assign ur own message type & class.

U can create new message in OPSI itslef. If u want to create new message class then go to SE91.

Edited by: VenkatSrinvas Konda on Apr 29, 2009 2:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for your inputs.. but Why system is not giving any error message though I had maintained automatic validation in the Config ?

Thanks

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like the config part is fine. System is allowing thou there is a error message then there is some bug. U can raise sap note for the same.

Just check once whether the message is error or warning message. Also check on another projects if the same is repeating.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed