cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjustments previous year balances after balance carryforward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client was implemented last year sap ecc6 and doing the business transactions.

at the end of the year auditors found that in all over areas some of the data was missed or wrongly entered by users (trained users left the company).

Now i analyzed that the users not aware of the processes and they entered wrong values and missed some new assets, materials, orders etc.,

The year end activities done by users in their areas and balances carryforwarded. Is it possible to adjustments in the GLs for the carry forwarded ones? Vendors, customers, banks, cash journal and mainly Excise registers?

If yes, please guide me first for excise and then others.

Best Regards,

Raghav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do your adjustments in the prior period. Then run the carryforward again.

pts appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think balance c/f program needs to be run again (after posting adjustments to the previous year). Please see hereunder the SAP program documentation for bal. c/f program.

Short text

Balance carryforward

Description

This program is used to carry forward the balances of the general ledger or another ledger to the new fiscal year.

The program can be run multiple times.

Normally, the program does not need to be run more than once, since postings to the previous fiscal year are automatically carried forward to the current fiscal year, if the balance carry forward program has already been run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. for the normal gls i got clear understanding.

For the Excise and other taxes the opening balances not corrected yet.

How to rectify those ones. Here for country India, client implemented CIN version.

The business transactions already doing in this fiscal year for excise related and normal ones. The opening balance is not correct now, if i made adjustments what is the impact? how is the excise duties already posted will get impact?

Thanks and Regards,

Raghav

Edited by: Raghav K on Apr 30, 2009 10:40 AM