cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon Error in Alert configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on alert configuration first time. When i Click link alert configuration in runtime workbench , it will ask for uid n pwd 3times n display an error message as unauthorized.

got these roles assigned to my id from basis team

SAP_ALM_ADMINISTRATOR

SAP_ALM_CUSTOMIZER

SAP_BC_ALM_ALERT_USER

Checked this discussion with same error

[]

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2327] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Referred notes 750287 and also 913858 and tried to solve . still i am getting the same error "HTTP 401 - Unauthorized".

How can i solve the error.

Regards,

Syed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the logon details one more time and Ask your BASIS people to give the Admin logon details and try with those details.

And check whether Java Stack is up or Not.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below link for simliar discussion.

Thanks,

Vijaya.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
When i Click link alert configuration in runtime workbench , it will ask for uid 
n pwd 3times n display an error message as unauthorized.

Please note that the maximum number of wrong entries should be restrcited to 2 attempts...after a 3rd wrong entry your User-id will get locked......so now your user-id has got locked.....ask the admin to unlock it and then you will be able to open the alert config/ inbox

If you have forgotten the password then ask the admin to reset it.....your particular problem has nothing to do with the server status......before trying the next time make sure you have the required permission and you are entering the correct details....

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

also check if you have J2EE CONFIGURATOR roles assigned to your ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the inputs jyothi n praksu.

I am able to open alrtcatdef from abap stack as SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR role is already assigned but unable to log on alert configuration in runtime workbench.

everything was correct in exchage profile as mentioned in the notes.

Do we have to restart the java engine if any changes are done in exchange profile.

Regards,

Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refresh cache and cache ,if still no result then restart..

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Java stack is up and running.

Got these roles assigned to my id.

SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER

SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER_MAIN

still getting the same problem .unable to log on both for alert configuration and alert inbox. but if i try with tcode alrtinbox from abap stack its opening alrt inbox.

Regards,

syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to get SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR role.Check the below link for more details..

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm]

Regards,

Prakasu.M

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check these steps..

a)on your XI box go to TCODE - SE38 and run program - RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES

b) check SAP note: 750287 (XI 3.0 Runtime Workbench: Alert configuration does not start) and change values in your ExchangeProfile

c) check if you can accept cookies

More information.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if the user_ID you are using has the below roles:

SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER

SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER_MAIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

kindly check this link may help u [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/942f3ffed33d67e10000000a114084/frameset.htm]