cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auditing of Client IP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I currently using BO XIR3.1 with the ASP.net Infoview. I realize that that there is IP Address class for auditing universe but it seems that the client IP are rarely logged. I checked the audit database and it seems the client ip is not recorded.

Is the client IP logged for asp.net infoview version? If so, is there any reason why my audit database does not record the ip?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eugene,

Is it possible that you have a proxy server set up on your network? The proxy server takes client's requests and puts that IP "on hold", then forwards a request to the server on behalf of the client using the proxy's IP address and when the reply comes back from the server, then the proxy server "remembers" the original requestor and sends the message back to the client, end of conversation. The downside to those who wish to audit is that Auditor only sees the proxy's requests, on behalf of the client, and the client remains "anonymous" to Auditor. If you have a proxy server, then I don't think there is much hope in discovering the real "IP" address(s).

thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no proxy server located on the network. Even if there is, shouldn't the ip of the proxy server be recorded, but right now, no client ip address is recorded. Thks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eugene,

it seems that the client IP are rarely logged. I checked the audit database and it seems the client ip is not recorded.

Is it possible for you to clarify because in one sentence you state "rarely logged" and another sentence "not recorded". Which is it, rarely recorded or not recorded. If rarely recorded, then is all other activity recorded but not the IP. Have you checked any error logs to see if there is an error occurring when the rows of data are being inserted from the Auditor text files to SQL?

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I actually check through the whole audit_detail table and realize that the some ip address is logged only during my first month of usage when i was switching between the java infoview and dotnet infoview.

Ever since i stick to the dotnet version, the ip address is not logged. Is it true the dotnet version does not logged the ip address?

Thanks.

Answers (0)