cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in customer creation for sales area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I could not create a customer for given Sales Org , DC and Division...

SAP Throwing error as "above mentioned sales area is not defined for the customer...

Karthick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only thing that I can think off is the number range that you might have given is Extenal number range.

Or if you are creating it thro' XD01 (VD01), then check the partner determination. Also check for the number ranges...

Thanks

Mukund S

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthick V ,

When you create a Customer either in XD01 or VD01 Care should be taken while entering the "sales area" and the "customer" (Domestic customer or Export Customer or one time customer) again within this there is no. ranges which will be classified either Internal or External.

So care should be taken when you create a customer.

1. Check In IMG --> Enterprise structure -->Assignement --> SD --> Set up sales Area, whether you have created sales area (Check other assignements too. within Sales and Distribution). Generally check your Assignment sequence with reference to SD Process.

2. Check in OBD2 What Account groups have been used (you maintain different account groups this where you classify customer)

3. Check Assign no ranges to customer Account Groups

4. Check whether you have maintained common Distribution Channels and Common Divisions.

Regards

Sathya

Edited by: Sathya Pavan Yedavalli venkata on Apr 30, 2009 7:26 AM

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Karthick,

This is due to not maintaining the common distribution channels and common division settings so please maintain these settings for the respective Sales organisation,Distribution channel and Division through VOR1 and VOR2 transaction.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

customer account group is not defined for that sales area

debajyotikar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the common distribution channel and common division for sales area.VOR1 and VOR2.

regards

Kedasu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ensure that in XD01 or VD01 you maintian the correct sales area

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi