cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Properties in Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to use Application properties in my webdynpro application so that i can change some settings by using the Application XML.

I add a Name and Value in the Application Properties and try to retieve the same using the following code.

IWDApplicationPropertyInfo myCol = wdComponentAPI.getApplication().getApplicationInfo().findInApplicationProperties("TIMEIDHELP");

wdContext.currentContextElement().setTimeID(myCol.getValue());

I am always getting the answer as null.

Can someone help me on this?

Regards,

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

your sample should work. Please check, if you have mistyped the property key "TIMEIDHELP". The key is case sensitive and must be exactly the same as in the corresponding application definition.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

It does work . But theproperty that i set here needs to be configured from outside the application.

So i tried to change the value of the property in the xml file of Application properties and restart the dispatcher and my application from the admin tool and try to run the applciation but still the old value is picked up.

Can you please help.

The location of the xml file is

....\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\webdynpro\public\local\DYNPro\webdynpro\Applications\com.test.DynApplication

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

did you edit the application.xml content in the file system?

Well, after restarting the server application the contents of the deployed EAR file will probably be extracted again into the temp-folder you mentioned, so your changes are lost.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

The EAR file should be extracted into the server only when it is deployed and not when it is restarted. (?? I think).

In any case, can you suggest some other solution for this. I need to maintain a few properties for the application and these should be changeble without the need for any recompiling or redeployment.

I thought that the Application properties would do exactly that.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Balaji