cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would be the best way to do a R/3 rfc call?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I'm using a UDF I created to make an rfc call to R/3 but this is not the best way of doing things cause if the incoming message has 1000's of record it could take a long time doing all that calls. What is the best way of calling a rfc keeping in mind database access time and so on..

Thanks,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member581827
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I believe you have developed UDF for RFC call where in one for one of the field of the source has to be passed to R/3 and need to fetch data based on that source field, for that better to use RFCLookup.

Warm Regards,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u have message with has more records then do RFC call for every record is not feasible...

If ur RFC call is not depend on ur field value and need some data from R/3 then u can call RFC lookup at root node as it is being called only once and just store that data in global container or PI file and use it later...

let me know whether RFC carried field value as an import parameter and logic is depend on that??

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

This could be possible, doing the RFC call only once. I could generate the where clause to cater for the results needed in the mapping.

Do you perhaps have a example of a UDF that does the call?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U have to go for RFC lookup only which will happen only once at root level and then store it and use it later..

Search for RFC lookup code.

one link can be..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a03e7b02-eea4-2910-089f-8214c6d1...

but u need to modify code for storing data and as per ur logic.

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using a RFC to drag data from R/3 for your mapping and this is the major part of the message then perhaps you should consider using ABAP Proxy instead. If the RFC is already preparing all of the data then most of the work is done - you just need to define a Proxy to the XI interface and then call the associated method from R/3.