Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to excel-readable format (csv, or xls) on a SRM machine (BBPCRM400)

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all expert,

I've read a lot of threads in order to accomplish the simple task in object, but my situation differs a bit from what I've read in the forum. Also, sorry if this is the wrong section but since the problem may refer to a programming issue I think this could be the right place to ask.

Briefly: i have to download an internal table into a .csv or .xls file.

The problem is that none of the solutions I found worked for me, mostly because in the SRM system I'm working on many FMs are not available (i.e, there's no SAP_CONVERT_* FM ).

Also, GUI_DOWNLOAD didn't work for me, producing an unreadable document.

Any other way to easily download some internal tables? Of course, I'd prefer to have also an easy way to obtain an inverse process, in the sense that once the itabs have been downloaded, it should also be possible (easily) to read from these files and fill some itabs.

Thanks in advance,

Matteo

Edit:

Seems that GUI_DOWNLOAD doesn't work because for those fields which are blank in the itab it produces a strange output in the resulting file. I tried, as I read in many post, to switch filetype from 'ASC' to 'DAT', but this gives me an error because 'DAT' seems not to be a valid FILETYPE parameter.

Anyone can help me out with this please? I also tried WS_DOWNLOAD (which is obsolete, but the result is again wrong -> fields combined, strange random char happens in numeric strings and so on).

Edited by: Matteo Montalto on Apr 29, 2009 3:25 PM

1 REPLY 1

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved; i tried to concatenate every single field content into a string separating by ; and wrote the result in a single txt file.