cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform Not printing in German (DE), its only printing in English (EN).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a smartform for which the original language is German (DE) and it'll be used in English (EN) too. So, I have made the changes in German (DE) and later used SE63 to translate to English (EN); transported it to Quality for testing.

Here, in Quality when I am testing it in English (EN), its working perfectly fine and the output is displayed in EN. However, when I am logging into quality system with DE language and testing the smartform it's displaying me the smartform in English (EN) not German (DE). But, when I am checking the smartform in 'smartforms' transaction code (in display mode) the text is in German only.

I am really confused, please help.

Thanks,

Vishal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

to put output in header open your transaction in change mode provide inputs and press enter.

now got header tab and click on output types.

put your output type thr n in language DE. save it n chk ...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Even i had faced the same problem.

Irrespective of login language it was showing text in English. I was also using 'DE' language.

I just maintained the translations for that text in 'DE' through transaction se63.

And moved the Transport request to Quality.

In Quality when you login with 'DE' language, it will reflect your changes.

This is what happened in my case. Also same happened with other smartform in Chienese language also.

Thanks,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using VA23 T-Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, if you have maintained translations for the text in DE language also, it will definitely get reflected.

But only in qulaity.

T-code will not have any impact on text translation i suppose.

Thanks,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use transactioncode VA22 (not VA23)

enter quotationnr. -> ENTER

goto --EXTRA's --> OUTPU --> HEADER --> EDIT.

Here you see the output you want to print.

Click on the one you want to print

Click on repeat. Type the language you want. (you get a message that the language is reset) -->ENTER

and save.

maybe this is enough for you

Gr., Frank

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is language you are passing while calling the smartform, check input structure CONTROL_PARAMETERS-LANGU.

Is there any hand-coding inside smartform which always point EN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess, U should define the OUTPUT in Header in DE. if u define it in EN it will trigger the smartform in EN. it doesnt consider the LOGON language. it is purely dependent on LANGUAGE in OUTPUT definition..

Rgds,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

How do I define the OUTPUT in Header to be 'DE' ??

Thanks,

Vishal.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Put sy-langu into control_parameters-langu when calling Smartforms. But that should be the default value if you correctly define the languages list in the attributes of the forms. (Global Settings, list of languages)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the SMARTFORM used for? (ie., Sales order or Purchase order or shippment etc.,)