cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Party Sales- PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

In SAP Library it is mentioned that u201CWhen you save a 3rd party sales order, the system automatically creates a PR. During the creation of PR, the system automatically determines a vendor.u201D But when I created a 3rd party Sales Order, PR was automatically created but no vendor was picked in the line item tab Source of supply (all fields in that tab were empty). Now my Question is that why any vendor has been picked in PR thru 3rd party Sales Order?

Kindly help.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Third party sales order generates only PR

For PR generation vendor is not required or not a must

If you want vendor to be assigned to PR that can be done but vendor is not mandatory in PR

Hence the system generates without vendor the PR

PR is an confirmation that there is a requirement for the material so that we can start procuring the same and that process is done thro PO generation and for that vendor is reqd

Now my Question is that why any vendor has been picked in PR thru 3rd party Sales Order?

There is no necessity for the system to have vendor for PR generation

Regards

Raja

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

During PR there will be no assignment of Vendor. The basic reason is It is a proposal document and Internal only. You can have your vendor assigned automatically in ME59 Provided you have other details like Info record for the vendor and material combination, material master/purchasing view Auto Po chk box is activated, source list you have the vendor as fixed, vendor master control data auto po chk box activated, then only it will get assigned during the conversion.

What you can do manually you can propose the vendor in the line item only or you can assigne the source manually if you have source list at item level only. There is no automatic assignment.

Regards

Edited by: samuel mendis on Apr 30, 2009 8:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SAP Library it is mentioned that u201CWhen you save a 3rd party sales order, the system automatically creates a PR. During the creation of PR, the system automatically determines a vendor.u201D But when I created a 3rd party Sales Order, PR was automatically created but no vendor was picked in the line item tab Source of supply (all fields in that tab were empty). Now my Question is that why any vendor has been picked in PR thru 3rd party Sales Order?

Kindly help.

Re:

for automatic PR generation with vendor, assign purcahsing group with material n purchasing view of material master. and Assign vendor with that purchasing group

debajyotikar

Former Member
0 Kudos

D/ Debajyotikar,

You've suggested 2 ways: "for automatic PR generation with vendor, assign purcahsing group with material n purchasing view of material master. and Assign vendor with that purchasing group".

1st step is ok. But where do we assign Vendor to the Purchasing Group?

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siddhant Hant ,

Third Party Process as you have mentioned doesn't say anywhere that Vendor is created with PR its not essential for third party process at this level.

1. Yes we create Vendor in XK01 for third party purpose.

2. Item Category Group is "BANS", Item Category is "TAS".

3. You have a Schedule line category CS which heps you in creation of PR automatically.

4. Only when we company raises a Purchase Order, Vendor is mentioned.

5. MIGO - GR

6. MIRO

7. VF01

Regards

Sathya

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please mention the vendor in the source list for the material in given purchasing org as:

Logistics ® Materials Management ® Purchasing ® Master Data ® Source

List ® Maintain

You may mention the vendor as fix vendor depending on your requirement.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sidhant,

For automatic picking of vendor you have to ask ur MM consultant to do the default vendor setting for the specifiic material.

Thanks,

Raja