Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Variant / Transaction Variant

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to create a Screen Variant for T-Code VA02. Want to change the Req. delivery date as display only (grey coloured), once it is filled in VA01, so that no one can change the same in VA02.

When I created the Screen Variant for SAPMV45A and Screen 4440, and tested the same it is fine. However when I created its transaction variant for the same screen Variant and activated it is not working, means the desired field is not greyed in VA02 transaction.

I am saving it in Local Object ($TMP). Can any one guide me what I am missing.

Thanks

Amitesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ian_kehoe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amitesh,

Please try the following:

VOV8 -> for the order type you are using and maintain NO_VARIANT for the variant field (TVAK-VARIANT) in the Transaction flow area.

This could resolve the issue.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ian Kehoe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

check Link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7d/f639fb015111d396480000e82de14a/content.htm

Here all the details are availabale.

Thanks,

Raja

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

Thanks for your suggestion. I have already checked this document and some other documents also, however I am unable to resolve my issue.

One more thing I would like to add that when I try to activate my Transaction Variant for the Standard Variant, the system gives a message "standard variant also set at the beginning of transaction without variant" Message No. MS 034.

Any idea.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amitesh,

The message it gives is ok. I refer you to read this step by step process, beautifully compiled by one of the author in SDN.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a023f383-83b1-2b10-3983-9fbbcbfd...

I hope it will help.

Thanks,

Raja

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

Thanks for your continuos support, however as I told you I have already gone through these documents and only then I am trying this. I have already implemented one screen variant for J1IIN.

But in this case as I mentioned above I am trying to make the field RV45A-KPRGBZ (Date Type for Required Delivery Date) and RV45A-KETDAT ( req. delivery Date) Grey in VA02, so once the field filled in VA01 no one can change it.

When I created the Screen variant and tested it its working OK. However when I created the transaction variant for this screen variant and activated it for the standard transaction and then tested it, it is not working. I have checked it in display mode and both the fields are ticked for "output only" and so the field "req.del. date" is also ticked for Output Only. still when I run the transaction VA02 it is not working.

Can you check at your end if you are on system. Or any other suggestion?

Regards

Amitesh