cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the fastest way to update reports files in crystal report server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've just started using crystal reports server and I want to update the reports I've created by just overwriting the files to where it was located. Currently its stored in a cryptic way in the server

(e.g. frs://Input/a_022/056/000/14358/80c5a836c9e0d10.rpt). Is it possible to retain the report filename and specify the directory where it stored? so I could just overwrite it if I need to update. Not using repository thingy.

Thanks in advance,

JT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184469
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can open and save reports to CR Server via Crystal Reports. Use the Open/Save file menu, there is an "enterprise" button on the left hand toolbar.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have had successful saving the file to a location that make sense to me, then using Windows Explorer to file copy the *.rpt file into the file repository directory, overwriting the existing file with the same funky file name. The directory structure of the FRS should map to something similar to this:

d:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\FileStore\Input

If you have changed the parameters, you will need to go into Central Management Console and refresh the report from the repository.

Thanks,

Kathy

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No, you need to either publish it using Save to Enterprise or the Publishing Wizard.

You cannot save it straight to the file store, as the changes to your report file would not be registered by the Central Management Server.