Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you explain this topics

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.fixed value mapping

when we have to use and how?

2. what are the objects will be transferd from ECC 6.0 to XI system.

3. mapping template when and we have to use?

4. i sent file from source directory but at target side i didnt have that target directory name where that file is stored and how can i view that file.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below are your answers:

1.fixed value mapping

when we have to use and how?

Fixed Value map is used when you have fixed set of value from the source and you need to map it with set of value for the target.

For example. From source if you are getting a emp code as A001 and in the target you want this to be maped tp ABC1. In that case You can use value map.

This values you van specify by clikin gon the property of fixed Value map function.

RFC and IDOCs

Mapping templates are used when you have similar patten of mapping between source field and the target field. You can create a template and reuse it in your other mappings

4. i sent file from source directory but at target side i didnt have that target directory name where that file is stored and how can i view that file.

You can see the target directory in the receiver file communication channel in the directory.

Shweta.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.fixed value mapping  when we have to use and how?

If we have very less values to map like for Gender we have only 2 value Male and female then we will go for it. If we have more value we will go for value mapping

In Message Mapping you will have functions there u will find Conversions in that fixValues will be there double click on it and speciy the vales.

Didnt Get u Completely, Can u be more clear.

IDOCs we can transfer.

If we want to save the part of mapping for further use we will go for Mapping Template.

You can see in Pay Load and Receiver CC in RWB.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just like you can reuse data types in different message types,

you can also save parts of message mappings as Mapping Templates and reuse them elsewhere.

Once you have saved a mapping template it serves as a copy template that you can then load into other message mappings and modify to fit your requirements.

for detail about mapping template see this

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/79/2835b7848c458bb42cf8de0bcc1ace/frameset.htm]

FixValues Mapping

in ur message mapping if u want to relace incoming values with ur required values at the target side u can use this function when u select this function and double click on it u can give a fixed value table

. The table is saved together with the most current message mapping and can only be used once.

example:

Key value

1 A

2 B

3 C

u want to replace 1 with A,2 with B and respectively.

what are the objects will be transferd from ECC 6.0 to XI system.

RFC and IDOCs