cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Incomplete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mates,

I intend to create a Role 'FINANCEONLY' where this role will only allow it`s user to view the InfoArea " Enterprise Controlling - 0ECPCA" belonging to Finance only and not other InfoArea's like HR and so forth.

The following are the Authorization Objects and it`s settings which I have implied :-

S_RS_COMP

Activity : 03,16

InfoArea : 0ECPCA

InfoCube : 0PCA_C01

Name : *

Type : *

However, the other InfoArea's still appears and this authorisation still allows the execution of queries from other InfoArea's

Please advice promptly mates!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

occurs to me that there is a competing role with Object INFOArea '*' somewhere as well.

Check the objects for InfoCubes, ODS and so on. I assume that one of the basic settings contain an '*' and overrules your settings.

Perform a Trace or else check the roles assigned to your test-user.

Please let me know the result.

Cheers

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following are the Profile's assigned to my 'OnlyFinance' User

SAP_NEW : New authorization checks

SAP_NEW_40C : New developments for Release 4.0C from HR and Logistics

S_BI-WHM_RFC : Business Information Warehouse, RFC user in the Warehouse

T-BD620049 : Profile for role ONLYFINANCE

This user contains only a Single Role 'ONLYFINANCE'

====================================================

Now, to ease things, I have only a SINGLE Authorisation Object

<b>S_RS_COMP</b> with the following settings

================================================

Although, this works! WHAT I ACTUALLY need is this 'ONLYFINANCE' user should only be able to Display(03)/Execute(06) Queries from <b>InfoArea 0ECPCA</b> and <b>InfoCube 0PCA_C01</b>

This 'ONLYFINANCE' user should NOT be able to Display/Execute queries from other InfoAreas or InfoCubes, but this is clearly not happening

I would really really appreciate some urgent help on this mates !

Thanking everyone in advance !

Message was edited by: John Mcluskey

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

You are defining what users can do but not what users can not do, Try doing it other way around.

I suppose You need to look into S_RS_ICUBE as well.

Go to PFCG

insert the name of your Role

Go to Authorisation Tab and Click "Display authorisation Data"

Go to S_RS_COMP , S_RS_COMP1 and S_RS_ICUBE

Change it accordingly.

San.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAN,

That's precisely my question,

How do I authorise to say that this 'ONLYFINANCE' Role, will only allow display/maintain/execution of query belonging to InfoArea '0ECPCA' and the attempt to Display/Maintain/Execute query from OTHER INFOAREA <b>will fail ?</b>

Please help, mates !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems you are following the concept properly. But a small doubt, make sure that "user comparision" is done every time whenever there is a change in authorization object.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for "user comparison" note! I will use it each time I exercise some restriction now in PFCG

But, Anil I still don`t think I`m doing it rite !

Because, what I seem to be doing is telling the system to only restrict 'Execute and Display' for Queries belonging to InfoArea 0ECPCA and InfoCube 0PCA_C01

BUT, I`m not telling the system to BLOCK AUTHORIZATION for other InfoArea's or other Infocubes

Please explain how can I achieve this ?

P/S: The intention for this role is simply to block the user to build queries from OTHER InfoAreas apart from Financial ones. Please advice if you have a better approach to achieving this ?